Fast Burner

Post any Stranglers related juicy gossip ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Fast Burner

Post by theraven1979 » 06 Jun 2006, 14:45

JJ by his own admission thinks this lineup will last one album maybe 2. What does everyone else think? Sadly I think this will be the shortest length of time for a Stranglers lineup.

I think if you wanna see this band live you might be worth doing it now rather than later.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

darrell
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Fast Burner

Post by darrell » 06 Jun 2006, 14:51

theraven1979 wrote:JJ by his own admission thinks this lineup will last one album maybe 2. What does everyone else think? Sadly I think this will be the shortest length of time for a Stranglers lineup.

I think if you wanna see this band live you might be worth doing it now rather than later.

Jim
Haven't they been saying something similar for 30 years?

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 06 Jun 2006, 14:53

theraven1979 wrote:JJ by his own admission thinks this lineup will last one album maybe 2. What does everyone else think? Sadly I think this will be the shortest length of time for a Stranglers lineup.

Jim
No shit Sherlock!
Do the maths- they're hardly likely to last nearly 50years in total now are they? :grin: But I do agree we should turn up en mass if we can and show as much support for them at this time as possible.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 06 Jun 2006, 14:53

Yeah come to think of it you`re probably right?

Jim

darrell wrote:

Jim
Haven't they been saying something similar for 30 years?

adriana
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adriana » 06 Jun 2006, 15:59

Wouldn't it depend on Jet and his health? Back in 90 they were able to weather the change in such a well established line up. With Jet out of the picture, I'm not sure how much longer the others would have the will to continue as the Stranglers.

Hey, but fuck it, the general concensus on this forum is that the recent change is a positive one and here we are suddenly talking of the band splitting up!

I intend to see them this summer, the first time when I will have gone out specifically with the intention of seeing them for 8 years and I think that if anything there will be an increase in audience as more bald, fat blokes in ill fitting T-shirts make the effort.

LAIDBLACKINKENT
Down In The Sewer

Post by LAIDBLACKINKENT » 06 Jun 2006, 16:25

This Bald,Fat Bloke in an ill-fitting T-Shirt always makes the effort!!!
Have you all got your Crackerjack pencils

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard » 06 Jun 2006, 17:16

Jim
Thanks for your optimism Jim! :grin:

As the great man said I think there will be another album after Suite XVI
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling » 07 Jun 2006, 00:10

gizzard wrote:

Jim

Aye ever the optimist is that Jim!
:grin:

paulinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by paulinblack » 07 Jun 2006, 05:28

I believe that Mr Black is incredibly excited about the new album.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 07 Jun 2006, 08:30

I'm a realist - Hey blame JJ !

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
gizzard wrote:

Jim

Aye ever the optimist is that Jim!
:grin:

HanGreenwell
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by HanGreenwell » 07 Jun 2006, 08:53

ok well can someone tell em to play a gig when i can see it, cos it would be terrible for them if i couldn;t go to one of their gigs before they 'snuffed it' (i mean, as a band, not, like, really one by one, G_d forbid!)...

see, i used to time my plane tickets to coincide with gigs but this time I said to meself, NONONONONONONONO GROW UP, STOP CHASING BANDS!!! so i arrive in the uk on the 3rd of aug and leave on the 5th and why haven't they got a gig on on the 3rd or the 4th, this is really concerning me, fuck it all. can someone have words? thanks.
to see you worm and squiggle now that things aint gaaaawrn yo' way!

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling » 07 Jun 2006, 15:04

HanGreenwell wrote:ok well can someone tell em to play a gig when i can see it, cos it would be terrible for them if i couldn;t go to one of their gigs before they 'snuffed it' (i mean, as a band, not, like, really one by one, G_d forbid!)...

see, i used to time my plane tickets to coincide with gigs but this time I said to meself, NONONONONONONONO GROW UP, STOP CHASING BANDS!!! so i arrive in the uk on the 3rd of aug and leave on the 5th and why haven't they got a gig on on the 3rd or the 4th, this is really concerning me, fuck it all. can someone have words? thanks.
Aye perhaps The Stranglers should have a 'Han Fest' on Aug 3rd-5th?
:-)