Hey! I need your help

Post any Stranglers related juicy gossip ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Barb
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 14:12

Hey! I need your help

Post by Barb » 02 Jun 2009, 14:28

HI im Barb and im new on this forum.
Im not a BIG BIG Stranglers fan, but don't get me wrong i like them i just don't have a clue.
I thought i could ask you guys if you could help me.
My friend is a huge stranglers fan and he has loads of stuff of them. His birthday is coming up and i want to get get him something really cool. He is a relly nice guy and he deserves something good and i just want to surprise him.
So lovely people what could i get him and where do i get it?
Any suggestions would be great. I will sneak then and check if he already got it. hehe :smile:
Thanks Barb

User avatar
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5603
Joined: 27 Mar 2003, 13:38
Location: The Middle of the North Sea
Contact:

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by Toiler On The Sea » 02 Jun 2009, 14:54

Barb wrote:HI im Barb and im new on this forum.
Im not a BIG BIG Stranglers fan, but don't get me wrong i like them i just don't have a clue.
I thought i could ask you guys if you could help me.
My friend is a huge stranglers fan and he has loads of stuff of them. His birthday is coming up and i want to get get him something really cool. He is a relly nice guy and he deserves something good and i just want to surprise him.
So lovely people what could i get him and where do i get it?
Any suggestions would be great. I will sneak then and check if he already got it. hehe :smile:
Thanks Barb
Greetings from the Middle of the North Sea :smt006 :smt006 :smt006

You've opened up a can of worms there :shock: :shock: :wink: .
Stranglers fans??? worse than women to choose for :smt005
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.

Barb
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 14:12

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by Barb » 02 Jun 2009, 15:13

:?: :?: :?:
So does that mean im asking the wrong people here? Im confussed! english isn't my first language
If so, im sorry of wasting your time!

User avatar
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1626
Joined: 04 May 2005, 11:29
Location: Saffron Walden

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by Freddie Laker » 02 Jun 2009, 15:16

Hi Barb,
Is your friend in the UK?
How about getting him tickets to Guilfest in July, or the Preston/Holmfirth gigs in August ?
Mind you, if he's a huge fan, he's probably already going, and we might all know him already. :smt006

Barb
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 14:12

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by Barb » 02 Jun 2009, 15:26

HI freddie :smt006
oh yeah didn;t even think about tickets. i will find out! yeah we r both in the Uk
tricky tricky :wink: yeah i better not tell u who he is, otherwise somebody may tell him :lol:

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 9396
Joined: 31 Mar 2004, 13:32
Location: Somewhere outside the raider.

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by pigeon » 02 Jun 2009, 15:54

Welcome to the forums Barb.

You could get him a ticket for Hugh in Bristol on june 25th at a pub called the thunderbolt. Tickets are £20 each. And tickets for the Stranglers at guilfest/holmfirth/preston.

If you have a shedload of cash you could track down an original JJ burnel "Girl from the snow country" deleted uk 7 inch for around £500 or a "Peaches" blackmail sleeve for around £600 they are the two most valued items.

"Fading Dutch Moon
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1218
Joined: 29 Oct 2007, 18:23
Location: Under the Dutch Moon

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by "Fading Dutch Moon » 02 Jun 2009, 16:30

Barb wrote:HI freddie :smt006
oh yeah didn;t even think about tickets. i will find out! yeah we r both in the Uk
tricky tricky :wink: yeah i better not tell u who he is, otherwise somebody may tell him :lol:
Welcome here Barb; are you sure he doesn't read this, otherwise he does know already :P

Barb
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 14:12

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by Barb » 02 Jun 2009, 17:50

cheers pigeon!
yeah maybe one day im rich and then i can spend lots of money for records :wink: hehe
im getting there slowly lol
hey :smt006 moon
nah i don't think he is going much on the internet, but im not that sure. I hope if he really finds out that he is so nice and pretends and is well surprised :lol:

Barb
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 14:12

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by Barb » 02 Jun 2009, 17:50

cheers pigeon!
yeah maybe one day im rich and then i can spend lots of money for records :wink: hehe
im getting there slowly lol
hey :smt006 moon
nah i don't think he is going much on the internet, but im not that sure. I hope if he really finds out that he is so nice and pretends and is well surprised :lol:

User avatar
Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 848
Joined: 09 Feb 2009, 21:33

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by Sword sparkle » 02 Jun 2009, 23:03

Get him a gig ticket there are a few coming up then accompany him. You will both have a ball. (a good time)
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss

User avatar
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12688
Joined: 03 Jan 2006, 12:42
Location: Mon - Fri : Thunderbird 5.

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by PaulinLondon » 02 Jun 2009, 23:22

Personally, I would offer an "IOU" for the next Euro MiB gigs coach tour courtesy of Mantheylovetohate Travel Inc.

You can't go wrong on one of these, like......
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.

User avatar
Blackbeered
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2381
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 00:22
Location: Cirencester, Glos

Re: Hey! I need your help

Post by Blackbeered » 02 Jun 2009, 23:42

PaulinLondon wrote:Personally, I would offer an "IOU" for the next Euro MiB gigs coach tour courtesy of Mantheylovetohate Travel Inc.

You can't go wrong on one of these, like......
I have to agree with Paul here - my wife bought me a place on the now legendary Eurotrip coach for Christmas just gone. Best surprise present I've ever had, like. :smt031
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........

Post Reply