Four More Heroes - Web Site 2007

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

terry
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by terry »

YEP good times indeed seen the boys a few times always a great night out, i know its been said a thousand times but it would be great if the guys could tour again, HOW ABOUT IT ONE LAST TIME ? :wink:
Babeinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Four More Heroes - Web Site 2007

Post by Babeinblack »

suchi wrote:The Four More Heroes Web site is now active again.

http://www.fourmoreheroes.com

There's seven years of archives to get through so I'll add stuff as and when I've got the time. I'll post live footage to Youtube to supplement the stuff already posted by other kind folk from here at BUT.

I understand there is another Stranglers tribute project starting out. I wish them all the best and I for one will be attending if I aint got a gig miself.
Here's a link to a new band I've joined http://www.the-vibe.net
Available for funerals, weddings and get togethers of Strangler fans who don't want to listen to too many Stranglers songs.... :wink:

Sorry Alias and Paulinlondon no FMH gigs in Glasgow or Finchley. But if you want hear Stranglers songs you can always go and see The Stranglers :lol:

See ya on the other threads.
Shaggy & Mick have asked me to on their behalf ,to take this opportunity to thank Suchi for the comments regarding their new stranglers tribute band & send their luck & best wishes for Suchi's future ventures.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Isn't that lovely?

Group hug?

:lol:

Jim

Babeinblack wrote:
suchi wrote:The Four More Heroes Web site is now active again.

There's seven years of archives to get through so I'll add stuff as and when I've got the time. I'll post live footage to Youtube to supplement the stuff already posted by other kind folk from here at BUT.

I understand there is another Stranglers tribute project starting out. I wish them all the best and I for one will be attending if I aint got a gig miself.
Here's a link to a new band I've joined http://www.the-vibe.net
Available for funerals, weddings and get togethers of Strangler fans who don't want to listen to too many Stranglers songs.... :wink:

Sorry Alias and Paulinlondon no FMH gigs in Glasgow or Finchley. But if you want hear Stranglers songs you can always go and see The Stranglers :lol:

See ya on the other threads.
Shaggy & Mick have asked me to on their behalf ,to take this opportunity to thank Suchi for the comments regarding their new stranglers tribute band & send their luck & best wishes for Suchi's future ventures.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

theraven1979 wrote:Isn't that lovely?

Group hug?

:lol:

Jim

:lol: Oh Lord Hug Me I'm a treeeeee!
I feel like a noggin in the wood pile........
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

Some more pix and You Tube Links added. I'm tired now..

Good Evening
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Fatbusjim wrote:Just paid a visit to the site, good to see my mate Phil Tuneless on one of the pics. Seems to me he was completely trolleyed every time he was out with them :roll:
It's a small world innit :?: :smt025
froggy

Post by froggy »

[
Shaggy & Mick have asked me to on their behalf ,to take this opportunity to thank Suchi for the comments regarding their new stranglers tribute band & send their luck & best wishes for Suchi's future ventures.[/quote]

NOOOO!!!! Not another tribute band. Purrleease. Feckin hate em.
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

froggy wrote: NOOOO!!!! Not another tribute band. Purrleease. Feckin hate em.
:? If you went to see the Halle Orchestra performing Beetoven's 9th Choral would you expect ol' Ludvig to be there bashing on his joanna.

Well just make a mental leapfroggy forward a few hundred years. There could be loads of Stranglers Tribute bands doing the rounds and it may well be the only way for our future kids to listen to the music of the Stranglers in a live environment! I'm sure some will do it better than others.

I wonder if they used to say "NOOOO!!!! Not another Beetoven tribute orchestra. Purrleease. Feckin hate em.
People watch the tributes 'cos they can't get to see the "Real" band or or just have fond memories of a particular line-up and the material they wrote. (Which in the majority of cases is the reason they form in the first place) The bands themselves are invariably made up of big nerdy obsessive fans of the band they wanna tribute. Seems a bit obvious really)

Still if you hate it, that is your prerogitive and priviledge. :smile:
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

suchi wrote:
:? If you went to see the Halle Orchestra performing Beetoven's 9th Choral would you expect ol' Ludvig to be there bashing on his joanna.

Well just make a mental leapfroggy forward a few hundred years. There could be loads of Stranglers Tribute bands doing the rounds and it may well be the only way for our future kids to listen to the music of the Stranglers in a live environment! I'm sure some will do it better than others.

I wonder if they used to say "NOOOO!!!! Not another Beetoven tribute orchestra. Purrleease. Feckin hate em.
People watch the tributes 'cos they can't get to see the "Real" band or or just have fond memories of a particular line-up and the material they wrote. (Which in the majority of cases is the reason they form in the first place) The bands themselves are invariably made up of big nerdy obsessive fans of the band they wanna tribute. Seems a bit obvious really)

Suchi, old mate, if I may be so bold............yer just using OG's words and phrases there. 8) This froggy fella's a massive Huge fan as well. Get him on side. He's very subtle.

eeeee...........I love this place! 8)
puffinboots
SHAKESPEARO

Post by puffinboots »

What Orange Alert/4MH were - was a tribute to the Cornwell years, which provided us with nights out with pals complimented by a background of Cornwellian tunes. so, again - The Stranglers family had been extended - coz you can't really include Themeninblack or No More Heroes coz they never played that many gigs.
So, *Not another tribute band perleeeese" ??? makes it sound like there were loads, there was *really*only one - 4mh and sure, they were usually shit ;-)-but hey - any port in a storm huh?
puffinboots
SHAKESPEARO

Post by puffinboots »

oh and, Jon - is there any footage of that Threatened party in Harrogate @ the dragon with Karlos & Rob singing Old Codger? that was a funny evening (apart from "someone" shitting in the sink at the B&B afterwards)
Some quality evenings with OA/4mh - except getting attacked at Lincoln - that wasn't funny.
You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

yellowcakeuf6 wrote:
suchi wrote:

Suchi, old mate, if I may be so bold............yer just using OG's words and phrases there. 8) This froggy fella's a massive Huge fan as well. Get him on side. He's very subtle.

eeeee...........I love this place! 8)
Cake, old bun. Would you be so kind as to de-code your early morning effort for the thickies. I must have missed something :?

eeeee...........I love your postings! 8)