Status Quo

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Status Quo

Post by wanderlust »

Any other message boarders fans or used to be fans? I know they get slagged for the three chord thing but still remain a great band live
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
norman normal
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by norman normal »

I really liked "Heavy traffic". It was a return to form. Many great songs from the 70's
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

norman normal wrote:I really liked "Heavy traffic". It was a return to form. Many great songs from the 70's
Yes it was pity they seem to make a good album and then take a step backwards the albums which followed weren't all that good, I've got some promo's for the new album released next month and they sound pretty good
norman normal
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by norman normal »

First heard them in the late 70's, I think. The albums "Quo", "Blue for you" and "On the level" were highlights for me
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Never seen them, but I am reliably informed that they always provide value for money, and to that end, I am, within the hour, departing for bedford to take advantage of an offer of free entry to their gig tonight in the park. Its a pleasant evening, and even if their crap, it will have cost me nothing and therefore provided good value. "Lets Rock!"

I think.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Always loved the Quo as a kid. Live Aid was awesome because of them. I mean, every fucker rants about how Queen ripped up Wembley but the Quo did it for me.

Watered down luke warm shite ever since. Reminds me of................ argh! Stop it Jamie. :o
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

I think the only 2 groups left that any self respecting former punk would never admit to liking are Racey and The Wurzels.Anyone got their new albums? :smt023 If you can't beat 'em join 'em.Each man to his own. :smile:
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

ravenlunatic wrote:Never seen them, but I am reliably informed that they always provide value for money, and to that end, I am, within the hour, departing for bedford to take advantage of an offer of free entry to their gig tonight in the park. Its a pleasant evening, and even if their crap, it will have cost me nothing and therefore provided good value. "Lets Rock!"

I think.
Well I went, and they were brilliant! They put on a superb nights entertainment with a fast and tight performance that I have rarely seen bettered. It would have been well worth the £260 that it would have cost the 8 of us to get in had we had to pay anything.
I would be tempted to dust of my old Quo albums if I had anything to play them on, but I shall certainly go and see them again later in the year.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Mad Hatter
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Mad Hatter »

Yeh, I agree. I saw them 2 years ago, and it was a great night's entertainment. They put on a real show for the audience - not just playing the music (which they did very well), but there was also the banter and wind ups between songs (sounds just like the Stranglers Mk 1 days :grin: ). They were clearly having just as good a time on the stage as the audience were watching them.
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

I like em, Rossi & Parfitt seem like a nice bunch a guys and a fucking reet larf.
Love some of their songs too, OK ok I admit I have their 'Greatest Hits'.
So sue me.
Not seen em live though, wouldn't mind actuallly.
Shush this is serious
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

pictures of matchstick men is a superb song.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.