The Fratellis

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Sewerite
SHAKESPEARO

The Fratellis

Post by Sewerite »

Anybody like this? I have been playing 'Costello Music' interchanging with Suite XVI in my car for about a month now. It's really good non serious and catchy. Reminds me a bit of The Dickies, remember them - must be nominated for best song title 'Stuck in a pagoda with Tricia Toyota'
TWO SUNSPOTS
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: The Fratellis

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

[quote= Reminds me a bit of The Dickies, remember them - must be nominated for best song title 'Stuck in a pagoda with Tricia Toyota'[/quote]

Superb band..Don't forget "Bowling With Bedrock Barney" -Great title,great song.
Freedom, there ain't no f**king freedom!!!!
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Tried it a while back and didn't think much of it. However, since you have recommended it I will have another listen to it by the pool this afternoon.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
IamCoop
Rats Rally

Post by IamCoop »

Never warmed to them on record at all, though I must admit when I watched them at Reading Fest they were superb live. Very much a time and a place group for me.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

paulinblack wrote:Tried it a while back and didn't think much of it. However, since you have recommended it I will have another listen to it by the pool this afternoon.

Paul
Forgot to say...I tried it again.....And still dont like it. :(

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
adam_neil
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adam_neil »

I saw The Fratellis last night in Birmingham and thought they were excellent. I saved a few quid as well on clubs, as I was back at the hotel tucked up in bed with my woman gone midnight. I must be getting old! :grin:

As far as I'm concerned they are about as good as modern music gets. I bought they're album Costello Music last weekend and really like it. The sticker on the album case has a quote "indecently rousing". That's a really good way to describe them.

Adam
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Yeah u old git its grim up north :lol: