Moz live live live

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Moz live live live

Post by mccardigan »

I now know what it must have felt like to see the sermon on the mount as I went to Halifax Victoria Hall and saw Stephen Patrick Morrissey. He arrived on stage to his own recording of You'll Never Walk Alone and went into First of the Gang to Die. After that it's all a blur. I was down the front and it got fairly rough, the songs kept coming and the crowd got more and more excited. Lots of new stuff (better live than on record) and three Smiths numbers - Still Ill (Crowd surfed to that one), Girlfriend in a Coma and a roaring How Soon is Now. Couldn't hear a lot of what he said between tunes as the screaming was rather fever pitch. Drank myself stupid.

Good night. I think.
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Moz live live live

Post by gizzard »

mccardigan wrote:I now know what it must have felt like to see the sermon on the mount as I went to Halifax Victoria Hall and saw Stephen Patrick Morrissey. He arrived on stage to his own recording of You'll Never Walk Alone and went into First of the Gang to Die. After that it's all a blur. I was down the front and it got fairly rough, the songs kept coming and the crowd got more and more excited. Lots of new stuff (better live than on record) and three Smiths numbers - Still Ill (Crowd surfed to that one), Girlfriend in a Coma and a roaring How Soon is Now. Couldn't hear a lot of what he said between tunes as the screaming was rather fever pitch. Drank myself stupid.

Good night. I think.
Nice piece fella!

Going to see the man In Cheltenham May 24. :grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Texinblack
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Texinblack »

Saw him a couple of weeks ago at the Carling Academy Glasgow...more at my wife's insistence...absolutely ace!! New songs live are better than the recorded work...'Life is A pigsty' particlularly. Great performer!
Last edited by Texinblack on 12 May 2006, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
...Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole...
elminblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by elminblack »

had to sell my ticket for llandudno ( couldn't get a manc one!) as I had to work. Saw 'the other smiths' last month -seen them before. ace tribute band worth watching as never gonna see mozza and marr together again... :?
have you ever been to liverpool>?
ceebs
Rats Rally

Post by ceebs »

I saw him in the Albert Halls in Stirling last month, and he was very very good indeed. We got the same three Smiths songs as previously emntioned "Still ill", "Girlfriend in a coma" and "How soon is now", ut what surprised me is that he was actually very at ease between songs. hadnt seen him live before, but for some reason i`d expected him to be quite quiet between songs. As it was he took the piss out of some of the audience, but not in a nasty way.

Was surprised by the support band too, a band called Sons and Daughters, who were an odd hybrid (i thought) of The B52s and The Rezillos. Would go and see them in their own right if they were touring. And here was me expecting shows of aussie soaps prior to Moz.
No dreams go in, no dreams go out, of the hole in his wrinkled head.
mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

Ceebs, Sons and daughters recorded a savage cover of Nice N Sleazy. They are fantastic - get their lp Repulsion Box. N n S isn't on it though, but still worth a listen.
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

elminblack wrote:had to sell my ticket for llandudno ( couldn't get a manc one!) as I had to work. Saw 'the other smiths' last month -seen them before. ace tribute band worth watching as never gonna see mozza and marr together again... :?
I know the guitarist in 'the other smiths' very well.Saw them in Stourbridge the other month,which is local for them, and even though I'm not a Smiths fan, they were excellent.They play one set Smiths and the other Mozza.The place was packed.Was on the guest list. 8) Well worth seeing.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
elminblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by elminblack »

where's stourbridge?
mint guitarist your mate
i think it's freaky tho that everyone invades
the stage with flowers and are trying to touch 'morrissey'
think they forget it's a tribute..
have you ever been to liverpool>?
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Stourbridge is in the Black Country,10 miles from Birmingham and 10 miles from Wolverhampton.They play The Rock Cafe.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture