Converting my tracks from CD to MP3 via Windows MP

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Converting my tracks from CD to MP3 via Windows MP

Post by Guest »

I have a MP3 player in my car (I cannot use an MP3 player to plug it in, as I don't have one but would like to convert my CD's into an MP3 disc to play in my MP3 player in the car

What do I do?

Cheers

Nick :roll:
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Mate,
Please forgive/ignore me if I'm telling yer Grandmother to suck eggs! :wink: ,but this usually works for me..........

If you've got Windows Media Player 10, it allows you to rip tracks from your CD to either WMA or MP3.

By default, obviously, it usually rips to WMA, but to change this, open WMP, go to tools, then options, then click on the 'rip music' tab. Bout half way down there's a drop down box, click on mp3, OK etc.

Shove yer CD in your disc drive, should get a dialogue box up giving you a few options, one of which being "rip music from CD using Windows Media Player". Highlight that, then click OK. Media Player opens in the Rip pane and rips your tracks to mp3 in your Library.

To burn your new mp3 disc, just open WMP in the usual way, then click burn. Find the tracks you want to burn, and follow the instructions. (All pretty self explanatory from this point.)

Did any of that make sense? :(

Post by Guest »

Perfect Yellowcake - You've Ronsealed me

Cheers

Nick

Now all I have to do is go to the office and abuse all my time - As if I give a fuck I'm self employed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest »

Only problem seems to be that when I have ripped the music and take out the disc to put in the blank one all the music vanishes !! I only have one disc space for DVD/CDr
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Theresurearealotofthem... wrote:when I have ripped the music and take out the disc to put in the blank one all the music vanishes !!
Shouldn't be a problem mate. If they've ripped succesfully, and I've no reason to doubt that they haven't, (Windows would have been screaming it from the rooftops if they haven't! :shock: ), they're on your hard disk somewhere. Take a look in your library or do a complete hard disk search using the 'Find' facility from your 'Start' menu.
I only have one disc space for DVD/CDr
Again......shouldn't be a problem. As long as you've ripped from CD to PC, you should be able to burn from PC to CD-R.
honestronald
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by honestronald »

Presuming you have Windows XP,once you have ripped the tracks try looking in "C" Drive. Then click on the My Music Icon and you should find the CD you've copied in there!! Once you've found the CD file, open it and click on where it says "Copy all items to CD/Device" and then start the burn!
Works for me!
Together the 2 formed a powerfull political package!

Post by Guest »

There still seesm to be something wrong as it won't let me do anything like that !!!!!

Feck Feck Feck Feck

:evil: :evil: :evil: