Stranglers Tribute Bands!

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Stranglers Tribute Bands!

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Stranglers Tribute Bands! ...yes .."They're all gonna be shite" I hear u say.. but don't be so cynical!..look at this!

these look good!

and about the only tribute band going these days :cry: Anyone seen' em?

Anyone on here in the band?..They & their site looksw pretty cool! 8)

I reckon we ought to get behind these boys, BIG TIME!

Let's get these boys on board! if there's ever gonna be a forums or unofficial type convention.....
these seem to be the 'tribute band' to go for!

Following the demise of 'NoMoreHeroes' there's fuck all out there for Stranglers enthusiasts who like a bit of cabaret....is there? (Apart from Mk3! :shock: )

I wander if there's anymore tribute bands out there apart from 'The Meninblack' & 'NoMoreHeroes' :?:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

As I said on another thread, I've seen a lot and they were all bad, it's just not the same and quite embarrassing to watch some of them. They should put all that wasted energy & time into doing something original instead and write their own songs. All Tribute bands should to be banished to an island somewhere, never to be seen or heard of again, in my opinion.
Shush this is serious
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Kinda agree with u Arthur...but tribute bands are a great opportunity to take the piss whilst quaffing a few ales! :lol:

BUT!...

It's easy to take the piss!.....If someone is pretending to be Elvis, The Beatles, Abba....or god forbid!....Hugh Cornwell!...

PITY THEM!...

they're only living out their fantasies! Nothing more! Leave the poor sods alone!..it's the only life they have!.....

You know that programme 'Stars In Your/Their Eyes' or summat? All tribute bands are rejects from that :wink:

At least they're not mugging old people etc! :!:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Kinda agree with u Arthur...but tribute bands are a great opportunity to take the piss whilst quaffing a few ales! :lol:

BUT!...

It's easy to take the piss!.....If someone is pretending to be Elvis, The Beatles, Abba....or god forbid!....Hugh Cornwell!...

PITY THEM!...

they're only living out their fantasies! Nothing more! Leave the poor sods alone!..it's the only life they have!.....

You know that programme 'Stars In Your/Their Eyes' or summat? All tribute bands are rejects from that :wink:

At least they're not mugging old people etc! :!:
Mugging people?
Yes they are, they are mugging the poor sods who pay to go and see them.
Shush this is serious
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Stranglers Tribute Bands!

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah I'm all for supporting bands. How many of these tribute bands you seen Barry? Hard work isn't it lugging all that authentic kit about and playing 100s of gigs a year up and down the country for very little money that usually doesn't cover the outlay. Dedication eh? So yeah lets support these guys - in fact let's support any other tribute bands. I hear your faves 4 More Heroes are getting back together - Can't wait to bump into you at one of those gigs - You can buy the band a beer to show your support.

Nice one!

Jim

ThruBeingCool wrote:Stranglers Tribute Bands! ...yes .."They're all gonna be shite" I hear u say.. but don't be so cynical!..look at this!

these look good!

and about the only tribute band going these days :cry: Anyone seen' em?

Anyone on here in the band?..They & their site looksw pretty cool! 8)

I reckon we ought to get behind these boys, BIG TIME!

Let's get these boys on board! if there's ever gonna be a forums or unofficial type convention.....
these seem to be the 'tribute band' to go for!

Following the demise of 'NoMoreHeroes' there's fuck all out there for Stranglers enthusiasts who like a bit of cabaret....is there? (Apart from Mk3! :shock: )

I wander if there's anymore tribute bands out there apart from 'The Meninblack' & 'NoMoreHeroes' :?:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I'll buy the beer AND help them lug their gear about!

I'm quite a helpful and sociable person, honest!
Roadkill
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Roadkill »

To be honest having seen No More Heroes & 4MH they're both better than the tribute band fronted by Paul Roberts.
John
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by John »

4 MH were really good and always worth going to see. I hope it is true that there is the chance of them playing again this year, i for one will be there.

John
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Is it possible that TBC is somewhat jealous of people who get off their arse and do something?
It would appear that anytime anyone does something, TBC has to :
A) Take the piss
B) have a go
C) whinge like a spoilt cnut!
Perm any one from three or infact take all of em!
Also, I would imagine that the wording of his post was quite deliberate, no mention of 4mh as he knows a certain member of that band is a member on here!
Barry, its time to grow up and try being a bit more "positive" in your outlook!
just hanging around
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Thanks for that Carl (?)

I found myself wearing one of the original forums t-shirts only yesterday. Designed by your good self methinks. Not always negative and un-supportive of ideas, ya know?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nah just when you`ve had a few

Jim

ThruBeingCool wrote:Thanks for that Carl (?)

I found myself wearing one of the original forums t-shirts only yesterday. Designed by your good self methinks. Not always negative and un-supportive of ideas, ya know?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

theraven1979 wrote:Nah just when you`ve had a few

Jim

ThruBeingCool wrote:Thanks for that Carl (?)

:lol: