This years fashion must have

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

This years fashion must have

Post by theraven1979 »

Raveninblack who very kindly is willing to sort something out again and do another run. There's no profit involved so he does this cos he's a dude!.

We could go either way with this. I`m looking for ideas/designs - if we don`t get any it simply won`t happen.

1. The unofficial route:-
We have something unofficial (therefore no Stranglers logo etc) that relates to the site - Last year we had quite a tidy forums logo at the top left of this page. Not really sure about what we could do.

2. An official Hugh T-Shirt. Last year Hugh very kindly approved a T-Shirt design. It cracked him up and he seemed to laugh and approve everytime he sees a fan wearing one. He even wore the T-Shirt on one of the Blondie gigs. We'd have to come up with a suitable design and I`d then have to seek approval from Hugh/management - it will have to be something well thought out, witty, non-offensive etc. I wouldn`t insult (or timewaste) Hugh or his management by suggesting something unsuitable.

As is always the case these T-Shirts have 1 run and are extremely collectable, affordable (no profit), and many fans are disappointed if they missed out.

So let's have Ideas and give us a shout if you are seriously interested.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Fashion must, you say? Count me in then!
Out of the 2 options I'd probly go with the unofficial route- more chance to be creative (well, okay- offensive!) and would probly be quicker to produce not having to clear all official channels and red tape.

Davy (donning thinking cap...)
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Definitely interested.

Did this die a death last year? (judging by the thread?). I can't believe there was so little interest.

So Jim, the unofficial one.............Strictly no artwork, images etc. officialy related to the band? So we can't have the original BUT logo, meninblack.co.uk, rat, wreath, raven, MiB?, like we did in 2004. That was just the job that 'un.

Failing that, what about matey's (can't remember his name?), South Park/Norfolk Coast cartoon? :o
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

i.e.

This.................

Or maybe, even this...........

Or, is it all a bit too Mk3 oriented? :( :wink:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Definately a no no.

Jim
yellowcakeuf6 wrote:i.e.

This.................

Or maybe, even this...........

Or, is it all a bit too Mk3 oriented? :( :wink:
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

We can still use the same design as last year or whenever it was, and possibly go with a back print. Or Hugh did say last time if we wanted to do anymore there wasn't a problem, so its just a case of coming up with something witty.... and apt!
Any more quotes?
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Hugh did kinda say go for it but I will defo run it past the management first.

Come on peeps. Any decent Hugh quotes or something?

Jim
raveninblack wrote:We can still use the same design as last year or whenever it was, and possibly go with a back print. Or Hugh did say last time if we wanted to do anymore there wasn't a problem, so its just a case of coming up with something witty.... and apt!
Any more quotes?
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

This might help. Took fucken too long to find again, btw!

http://www.thestranglerssite.co.uk/foru ... php?t=4796
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

“Money can’t buy you happiness but it can make you very sad in very comfortable surroundings.â€
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

On the front: B.U.T. - The place to talk Stranglers
and on the back: Got anything to say? No? Well shut up!

Jane
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Jane »

Lol...like that Alias :-)
Wouldn't mind both actually, but only if there's a skinny fit option for the lasses. Can't think of owt for the design tho :roll:
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

My vote's with Alias :lol: