Chamomile Tea

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Plain old PG Tips for me, got to be leaves though, none of that tea bag bollocks.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Fatbusjim wrote:Plain old PG Tips for me, got to be leaves though, none of that tea bag bollocks.
:lol:
Straight talking from Oldham, you can't beat it!
euromanc-ometh
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Aye tha' knows :wink:
**Dutchess**
Rats Rally

Post by **Dutchess** »

Organ Grinder wrote:1st time I had a cuppa Earl Grey was at my mums friends house as a youngster. Offered tea, I naturally assumed it would be 'normal' tea and when this cuppa foul Earl shite arrived I thought my mums mate hadn't washed the mug out properly and the fruity fragrant taste was actually washing up liquid left in the mug. Being the quiet, shy type as a kid I just sat there and drank the crap whilst swallowing mouthfuls of my own barf in between mouthfuls of the 'orrible tea. Put me off for life.
This story reminds me of my grandfather. I served him Earl Grey once, innocently thinking it was nothing special. Granddad almost spit out his first sip, said it was like drinking perfume, and asked me if I had any "normal" tea. (By which he meant English Breakfast tea, the only kind of tea he ever drank, as it turned out.)

Personally I like almost all kinds of tea, except for a few of the fruity flavours they sell here, which taste far too artificial. (Strawberry! Melon! Yuk.) No milk, of course, unlike you British guys -- when visiting the UK I always have to remember saying "no milk please" when I order tea. And then when it arrives, don't forget to quickly fish out the two or more tea bags, otherwise it will be totally undrinkable!

Mariet
Image The European Female Is Here
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Tea IMHO is the best drink in the world, currently loving PG Tips.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

For me, Tea is an utterly pointless concoction, rather like plain crisps or vanilla ice cream, magnolia paint or diesel engined cars. Just dull and bland with nothing to get excited about.

I have been made aware of the aparant health benefits of drinking various speciality teas, but like running, the benefits do not detract from the fact that they are both intrinsically unpleasant activities.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

ravenlunatic wrote:For me, Tea is an utterly pointless concoction, rather like plain crisps or vanilla ice cream, magnolia paint or diesel engined cars. Just dull and bland with nothing to get excited about.

I have been made aware of the aparant health benefits of drinking various speciality teas, but like running, the benefits do not detract from the fact that they are both intrinsically unpleasant activities.
Here here.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Try dippin bourbon biscuits in yer tea - that's when the old fashioned cuppa tea comes into it's own. :grin:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Yes I like dunking Bourbon biscuits in Tea...............................................................only without the Tea part of it. :?
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

In a strange way yanno, you actually make sense. :?
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

gizzard wrote:You can't beat a good English cup of Tea :grin:
None of this fancy bollocks! I've tried a few and it's feckin horrible :evil:

I get through about 15 cups a day.

Can't stand Coffee either :evil:
A man after my own heart! :smile:
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture