Electronica & Kraftwerk

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

adriana
Ugly
Ugly

Electronica & Kraftwerk

Post by adriana »

By some very convoluted path, the Steve Strange/Burnel thread would up asking for further recomendations of electronic bands.

Fore anyone who hasn't come across KRAFTWERK before I would say that they should be the first jumping off point for anyone with a curiosity about electronic music. The trio of albums, Trans Europe Express, Man Machine and Computer World found them at their highest creatively, but this years live Minimum Maximum could not serve as a better introduction...... JJ loved them too!
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Got a naughty download of Min Max but never got round to listening to it. Got another flight back home soon, so may give it a go during the 9 hours of boredom !

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah they had a Kraftwerk hour on MTV and it was all the old favourites on video but from the recent tours. Very good it was too.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

Love Ver Werk. The new live lp is worth visiting if you know em from old or are a recent convert.

Always thought the song Euroman was HEAVILY influenced by Trans Euro Express.
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

TEE was prolly how I got into the burgeoning hip hop sound that came from that. Afrika Bambaata, Arthur Baker et al... it was refreshing and cool,back in 83/4.

Jim - have you heard the excellent FISCHERSPOONER first album? Sweetness was the single - superb. But I've heard they've gone really commercial with album #2????

:oops:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Don't think I've heard that I'll check it out - You checked out Ladytron yet?

Jim
C r a s s ! wrote:TEE was prolly how I got into the burgeoning hip hop sound that came from that. Afrika Bambaata, Arthur Baker et al... it was refreshing and cool,back in 83/4.

Jim - have you heard the excellent FISCHERSPOONER first album? Sweetness was the single - superb. But I've heard they've gone really commercial with album #2????

C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Not yet but I will now!

theraven1979 wrote:Don't think I've heard that I'll check it out - You checked out Ladytron yet?

Jim
C r a s s ! wrote:TEE was prolly how I got into the burgeoning hip hop sound that came from that. Afrika Bambaata, Arthur Baker et al... it was refreshing and cool,back in 83/4.

http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

Ladytron are fantastic - I saw them at Leeds a few years ago and they were superb, some rockers heckled them but the teutonic vibes drowned the unwashed swines out.
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
straightenout
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by straightenout »

Saw Kraftwerk at The Royal Festival Hall and Brixton Academy last year ,absoleutely mindblowing!!!

The Sound and Accompanying Visuals were stunning,and Minimum Maximum is the full set of Songs performed,to compliment the CD Release there will soon be a DVD release with numerous extras etc.

Remember a few years ago having a chat with JJ about them and discussing Trans Europe Express and Autobahn.

If you ever get the chance ,go and see them
I don't mean Rough Looking
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Did you catch em at the Uni? I was at that one. They`re playing Leeds soon I think? You on for it?

Jim
mccardigan wrote:Ladytron are fantastic - I saw them at Leeds a few years ago and they were superb, some rockers heckled them but the teutonic vibes drowned the unwashed swines out.
mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

I saw them at Leeds festival. They're playing the Cockpit but it's on the 19th and The Fall are the next night. Don't think my tired bones could take 2 gigs!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Aye I know what you mean - Don`t think my wallet can handle it either!

Jim
mccardigan wrote:I saw them at Leeds festival. They're playing the Cockpit but it's on the 19th and The Fall are the next night. Don't think my tired bones could take 2 gigs!