WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Palais23 »

StanInBlack wrote: 13 Nov 2023, 22:25 Mostly a combination of The Rolling Stones, Cream, Barrett-era Floyd, the latest OMD album and The Velvet Underground.
In relation to your mainly late 60s current theme, I would recommend The Season of the Witch by Vanilla Fudge - a creepy folk horror classic.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by theraven1979 »

I think OMD have finally completely morphed into Kraftwerk now.

Jim
StanInBlack wrote: 13 Nov 2023, 22:25 Mostly a combination of The Rolling Stones, Cream, Barrett-era Floyd, the latest OMD album and The Velvet Underground.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I like some OMD but some of it is a bit weak imo.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

They can be a bit hit and miss. I do like Dazzleships though - just about every track on that album is very good. Their new one is alright but only heard it about 5 times so far. Always find it weird how they went from Dazzleships to complete cheesy pop "Locomotion" in less than 1 year.

Jim
jason wrote: 14 Nov 2023, 13:51 I like some OMD but some of it is a bit weak imo.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

theraven1979 wrote: 14 Nov 2023, 14:02 They can be a bit hit and miss. I do like Dazzleships though - just about every track on that album is very good. Their new one is alright but only heard it about 5 times so far. Always find it weird how they went from Dazzleships to complete cheesy pop "Locomotion" in less than 1 year.

Jim
jason wrote: 14 Nov 2023, 13:51 I like some OMD but some of it is a bit weak imo.
Yes some of the new album sounds quite good. Their early stuff was better though imo.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 14 Nov 2023, 09:47 I think OMD have finally completely morphed into Kraftwerk now.

Jim
They've finally become the band they've always wanted to be :lol:
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Post by Waffle waitress »

The Beatles recentish Love album, still a beautiful magical ride. Oh, and Sweetheart of the Rodeo by The Byrds, another oft returned to classic.
(all that's missing is the choker)

Liberez les Stranglers!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Waffle waitress wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 21:07 The Beatles recentish Love album, still a beautiful magical ride. Oh, and Sweetheart of the Rodeo by The Byrds, another oft returned to classic.
Recentish? Isn't that album a couple of decades old now? I never really rated Sweetheart of the Rodeo, although have a lot of time for Younger than Yesterday and The Notorious Byrd Brothers. I guess I like psychedelic Byrds more than country-rock Byrds.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Palais23 wrote: 13 Nov 2023, 23:24
In relation to your mainly late 60s current theme, I would recommend The Season of the Witch by Vanilla Fudge - a creepy folk horror classic.
Will do!

As for now: still stuck on the new OMD and Stones albums, plus listening to The Mothers of Invention, The Doors, early Funkadelic, Mandrill and Fanny.
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

StanInBlack wrote: 24 Nov 2023, 17:20
Palais23 wrote: 13 Nov 2023, 23:24
Will do!

As for now: still stuck on the new OMD and Stones albums, plus listening to The Mothers of Invention, The Doors, early Funkadelic, Mandrill and Fanny.
There's some really interesting music you are listening to. The foundation for the psychedelic revival of the 80s. Takes me back to those days. Best were Spaceman 3 and Loop for far out songs. Also, Hawkwind, I would definitely recommend with several distinct phases of their career. Enjoy your music tonight - I am sure you will. I am going through an epic Jah Wobble stage - which includes some psychedelic tunes plus a guaranteed killer bass line for each tune: Metal Box in Refub - fabulous!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Mostly early Gentle Giant. Not a prog band for the uninitiated!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thus Love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI74yoqkXzQ So many great bands about at the moment.

Jim