WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Palais81 »

Boody wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 23:06
Palais81 wrote:Anyone who likes Hugh Cornwell solo stuff should try out Ed Keupper especially his 80s albums. Great guitar, lyrics and melodies from the ex-Saints guitarist. Probably superior to Hugh in some ways but some will disagree.
I love the Saints- don’t know any of Ed’s solo stuff. Any recommended starting point?
Two great compilation albums are Legendary Bully and the Butterfly Net. If you can't get to listen to these then albums like Eletrical Storm and Honey Steels Gold for example. I prefer his solo stuff to his alter ego band the Aints.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

8088 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 22:28 What an incredible player Annie Clark is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11JiKTyMm7M
She’s great, i first saw her on Jools Holland and immediately liked her and bought the 2014 self titled album. When watching her on Jools I thought I’m hearing some Hugh-isms here. I don’t know if Hugh influenced her or not but theres also a video on YouTube of her playing guitar on stage with Hugh, think this is before she reinvented herself as St. Vincent. I can also hear a certain Mr Fripp in her playing.
Lovely stuff.
🎸
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:

She’s great, i first saw her on Jools Holland and immediately liked her and bought the 2014 self titled album. When watching her on Jools I thought I’m hearing some Hugh-isms here. I don’t know if Hugh influenced her or not but theres also a video on YouTube of her playing guitar on stage with Hugh, think this is before she reinvented herself as St. Vincent. I can also hear a certain Mr Fripp in her playing.
Lovely stuff.
Here: https://youtu.be/35Pk7OIVQOc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Heard Tropical Hotdog Night again on something recently and had to give the album a blast 8)
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Cells&Plasma wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 17:01
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:

Lovely stuff.
Here: https://youtu.be/35Pk7OIVQOc

Ay-thang-yaw.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

This version of Starless by Mr Fripp & King Crimson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhKJgqxNDD8
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

StanInBlack wrote:Image
Been listening to this recently also. You are me!

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 15:05

Jim

:lol: :lol:

You can't go wrong with either of the first two Strangelove albums, IMO, but this one is definitely my favourite. I think Nicky and Richey from the Manics were also fans? I know Brett from Suede was.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 15:05

Jim

Image Image

You can't go wrong with either of the first two Strangelove albums, IMO, but this one is definitely my favourite. I think Nicky and Richey from the Manics were also fans? I know Brett from Suede was.
...and we definitely won't ask if you ever saw them live??

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 19:06 ...and we definitely won't ask if you ever saw them live??
I have never seen Strangelove live, no. I could have done as they were on one of the smaller stages at one of the festivals I went to in the '90s, but I was clearly watching something else (can't remember what) ...
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »