WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Palais23 »

theraven1979 wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 16:54 Thus Love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI74yoqkXzQ So many great bands about at the moment.

Jim
Nice song. Takes me back to the 80s e.g. Bunnymen, Bolshoi and a Joy Division ending. I will be adding this to my list this evening. Cheers.
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Palais23 »

Jane Weaver's brilliant new psyche pop single. She is so consistent and underrated:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hKzzR4J4R ... dGFjbGU%3D
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Van der Graaf Generator. Pawn Hearts and especially Godbluff. Hammill had/has an incredible voice. His voice sounds so Howard Devoto-like on "The Undercover Man" that I'd be unsurprised if VdGG were an influence on him.
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

StanInBlack wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 18:47 Van der Graaf Generator. Pawn Hearts and especially Godbluff. Hammill had/has an incredible voice. His voice sounds so Howard Devoto-like on "The Undercover Man" that I'd be unsurprised if VdGG were an influence on him.
I will check the songs out. Incidentally, I saw Hammill support Marillion in 83 - cracking gig.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I like this new one of theirs also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKKBSUb2eng

Jim
Palais23 wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 17:57
theraven1979 wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 16:54 Thus Love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI74yoqkXzQ So many great bands about at the moment.

Jim
Nice song. Takes me back to the 80s e.g. Bunnymen, Bolshoi and a Joy Division ending. I will be adding this to my list this evening. Cheers.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I've been on another prog kick recently!
Grip
Down In The Sewer

Post by Grip »

Tickety Boo!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I've been playing a lot of Killing Joke recently since Geordie passed. That guitar on Total Invasion is so menacing!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Mostly '90s Britpop, as it's occurred to me that we're as far away from the '90s as we were from the '60s in the '90s :lol:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Manic Street Preachers - Send Away The Tigers :grin: