hmv

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

STEVEh
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by STEVEh »

There can be no doubting the power HMV have on the charts these days. Anyone seen this weeks album chart ? Stone Roses in at number nine, Michael Jackson's Off The Wall at 13, both going cheap in the sale. The Roses is only £3-99. Incidentally, Norfolk Coast is also in the sale at £7- 99 although if you go to the Stranglers section in the other part of the Manchester store it is still £16-99.
mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

Isn't that Stone Roses album the new reissued one with a dvd and extra stuff?
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

STEVEh wrote:There can be no doubting the power HMV have on the charts these days. Anyone seen this weeks album chart ? Stone Roses in at number nine, Michael Jackson's Off The Wall at 13, both going cheap in the sale. The Roses is only £3-99. Incidentally, Norfolk Coast is also in the sale at £7- 99 although if you go to the Stranglers section in the other part of the Manchester store it is still £16-99.
after seeing shrek 2 at Manchester's trafford centre last Sunday, I popped into the hmv there to have a quick glance what stranglers stuff they had, not a bad selection, but.....

rattus - £8.99
dreamtime - 4.99
gold (2cds) - 10.99
rattus/b+w (twin pack) - £10.99
norfolk coast - £16.99

If I was a casual shopper, browsing for something by the group, I wouldn't have paid £16.99 for nc!!!!
....near the nearside window.....
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

No, I woulda bought Dreamtime and been turned off the band for life.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
STEVEh
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by STEVEh »

mccardigan wrote:Isn't that Stone Roses album the new reissued one with a dvd and extra stuff?
As far as I know what you refer to is just a DVD with promo videos and a live gig not an album as such.
mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

You're right mate, was reading Uncut on the bog this morning and noticed that it was a dvd only. I apologise.

NC at £16.99 is bobbins ain't it. Luckily it's £10.97 in Music Zone where I'm told it sold well.
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
Rich
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rich »

mccardigan wrote:Luckily it's £10.97 in Music Zone where I'm told it sold well.
That's where I got my copy. Same price the day it came out. Where the feck they get £16.99 from is beyond me.

Rich.
Black and White becomes........
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Rich wrote:
mccardigan wrote:Luckily it's £10.97 in Music Zone where I'm told it sold well.
That's where I got my copy. Same price the day it came out. Where the feck they get £16.99 from is beyond me.

Rich.
H.M.V. have got Themeninblack CD for £4.99 in the sale at the moment.A bargain.Haven't seen that locally, in the shops, for ages.Also,Rattus,Heroes,Raven and Collection at £4.99.Norfolk Coast you can now get for £7.99,although the only copies I saw in my local H.M.V. were still priced at £16.99.[/color]
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture