Booking fees - bollocks to em

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

It's a sign of the times, I know, but bloody annoying none the less that to buy concert tickets, you're 'encouraged' to book through an agency, thus paying extra.
Even if you find a particular venues' web address, when you attempt to buy tickets online, you're redirected to ticketmaster or someone else, who adds a charge PER TICKET for every ticket you buy.
take the manchester gig on this tour.
the rat's lair has a link 'buy tickets direct' to the manchester and london (sbe) dates.
going through the process it would cost nearly £20 plus extras per ticket for the manchester one, when ticket price is £17.50. For a group of 20 people that's about 50 bloody quid.
Sod em, I'm not paying someone 50 quid to put a stamp on an envelope. I'll drive to bloody manchester and queue up with the spotty students first.
thanks for listening :taxidriver:
....near the nearside window.....
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Paul wrote:It's a sign of the times, I know, but bloody annoying none the less that to buy concert tickets, you're 'encouraged' to book through an agency, thus paying extra.
Even if you find a particular venues' web address, when you attempt to buy tickets online, you're redirected to ticketmaster or someone else, who adds a charge PER TICKET for every ticket you buy.
take the manchester gig on this tour.
the rat's lair has a link 'buy tickets direct' to the manchester and london (sbe) dates.
going through the process it would cost nearly £20 plus extras per ticket for the manchester one, when ticket price is £17.50. For a group of 20 people that's about 50 bloody quid.
Sod em, I'm not paying someone 50 quid to put a stamp on an envelope. I'll drive to bloody manchester and queue up with the spotty students first.
thanks for listening :taxidriver:
MORE PEOPLE SHOULD OBJECT.

Have you tried Nicky Campbell at Watchdog?

C R A S S
:cool:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

But then, when you wait and get tickets on the door, they fuckin add 2.50 on the price anyway! So youre fucked either way. And to go and book in person at the venue would cost me more than a tenner, so fuck that! :angry:
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Guest.....List

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

raveninblack wrote:But then, when you wait and get tickets on the door, they fuckin add 2.50 on the price anyway! So youre fucked either way. And to go and book in person at the venue would cost me more than a tenner, so fuck that! :angry:
It depends on the individual venue.
At Manchester, if you buy them straight from the student's union kiosk there is no booking fee at all.
Inconvenient, but try telling someone it's £21 for the ticket you got them, when they've seen em advertised at £17.50.!!!
....near the nearside window.....
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

theraven1979 wrote:Guest.....List

Jim
Its a fuckin long time since I was on anybodies guest list......fuck me! we cant even make it on to you know whos' and you seem to have blown it with the Damned, so we're fucked again!!! :D
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

:D

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

DF CONCERTS PRESENT
THE STRANGLERS
CARLING ACADEMYGLASGOW
121 EGLINTON STREET
OVER 14S U16S WITH ADULT
TUE 09-MAR-04 DOORS 7PM
Purchase Information
Ticket Ticket Service
Quantity Face Value Charge Subtotal
1 15.00 2.25 £17.25

Processing Fee £ 4.95
Total Price: £22.20
Delivery Method: Secure Post
Seating Information
PRICE LEVEL 1
FLOOR
STANDING

That's 42% on top of the ticket price to print out a generic ticket(price of ink negligable), postage £1 tops.

:wallbash:
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

I always go to the venue and collect they you only pay face falue.
Bit tricky regarding the SBE gig though as I live 90 miles away but I'm working on it..
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Pam
Rats Rally

Post by Pam »

gizzard wrote:I always go to the venue and collect they you only pay face falue.
Bit tricky regarding the SBE gig though as I live 90 miles away but I'm working on it..

When we went to get our SBE tickets they said you can send them a cheque for face value, but you might want to phone to confirm first. Number on card they gave us was 0208 354 3300 - apologies if it turns out to be booking agent!

Pam
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Pam wrote:
gizzard wrote:I always go to the venue and collect they you only pay face falue.

When we went to get our SBE tickets they said you can send them a cheque for face value, but you might want to phone to confirm first. Number on card they gave us was 0208 354 3300 - apologies if it turns out to be booking agent!

Pam
Thanks Pam :)

I'll give them a ring. I did e-mail but have had no reply.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

raveninblack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Guest.....List

Jim

Its a fuckin long time since I was on anybodies guest list......fuck me! we cant even make it on to you know whos' and you seem to have blown it with the Damned, so we're fucked again!!! :D
Oooh ! Are you a minor celebrity Mr Raven ? Prey do tell, I'm feeling slightly star-struck !! :D

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!