RAH

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: RAH

Post by gizzard »

I was at the RAH and regardless of certain posts on here where people are having their say on the current line up this was a very special gig in a very special venue.

Best song of the night by a country mile was Sewer.

So good to meet up with mates and people who I haven't seen for many years before the gig.

No complaints from me, roll on Bristol and Caldicot.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

gizzard wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:25 I was at the RAH and regardless of certain posts on here where people are having their say on the current line up this was a very special gig in a very special venue.

So good to meet up with mates and people who I haven't seen for many years before the gig.

It must of been a great night there....and for a non gig goer myself who was so impressed with the sewer version at RAH I'd say it's one of the best versions of this song I've heard post '90...it was that good.
Baz's guitaring was spot on if anything up a level to perfection and his vocals was excellent too.
Glad you enjoyed such a special night there.
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

gizzard wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:25 I was at the RAH and regardless of certain posts on here where people are having their say on the current line up this was a very special gig in a very special venue.

I was also there is was a fantastic nite have to agree about sewer 4 guys on top form great also to here north winds and ships could go on and on the set list was sublime
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

I thought they put on a great show in RAH.
Pleased for them that it went so well.
A great experience to be there for a memorable gig.
Well worth the effort. Cost a mint to go to the five I attended on the tour. Sure, why not?

Anyhow, saying that, I don't want to hear Peaches, Relentless, GB, Lost Control...or NMH live again. I switch off when they start.
rotten thoughts
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

iain wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 02:09 I thought they put on a great show in RAH.
Pleased for them that it went so well.
A great experience to be there for a memorable gig.
Well worth the effort. Cost a mint to go to the five I attended on the tour. Sure, why not?

Anyhow, saying that, I don't want to hear Peaches, Relentless, GB, Lost Control...or NMH live again. I switch off when they start.
Yes I can get some of the one's you've named as not wanting to hear them ...the thing is I think at long last they got this year's tour setlist so right and in the future I'd like to see them continuing with different set lists like they have doen with more album tracks like Too Precious for example they listened I believe with the many calls for Hallow now let's move on with other tracks say like too previous,Ice Queen,man of the earth tracks like that...or more from dreamtime/ la Folie for sure next year maybe hopefully with some new material too.
But this tour......spot on.
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

Too Precious is one of my favourites but it is too Hugh and the vocal wouldn't suit Baz.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

kenl wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 09:41 Too Precious is one of my favourites but it is too Hugh and the vocal wouldn't suit Baz.
You are right Too Precious wouldn't suit Baz's vocals so it's best left alone....Hugh owned.
I didn't think much of RAH's Hanging Aound on the vocal front but again it's near impossible on Hugh's songs but we know that but they have to be done the fans want to hear them and Baz is doing a fine job.
Sewer @ RAH was excellent full marks to Baz on that one.
50th tour total success for me overall.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'm sure they could play Too Precious and it would still sound pretty good but I know what you mean.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 12:49 I'm sure they could play Too Precious and it would still sound pretty good but I know what you mean.
Yes musically they could play and very well too any backlog song I think from this bands history that for me is never in any doubt no matter what people think of the current line up musically all four are bloody good and could play any song they want to.
Too Precious is one of those special mk1 tracks that yes I would love to hear live but Baz would struggle on this one I feel and that's not in a nasty way at all...the way hugh sings this most singers would struggle....so maybe left alone his tones would suit fools Rush Out I feel as one though.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I think from what I saw the RAH gig was something really special,a great achievement by band and crew.Major Kudu.