Bristol

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Bristol

Post by StanInBlack »

evonx wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 21:17 Or let the audience "sing with the f*ckjng stranglers" 😛
This could have worked also :lol:

"You're all in the band now, friends!"
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

Padding out the gigs with Yellow Cake, Love 30, Longships and Camden is out of the question?
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

Unfortunatley, the 100 day cough is spreading like wildfire across the UK so it would be optimistic to assume Baz will be better by Tuesday. I have just flown from Dubai to London specfically for the RAH concert so will be pretty gutted if it doesnt go ahead!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

cassini wrote:Unfortunatley, the 100 day cough is spreading like wildfire across the UK so it would be optimistic to assume Baz will be better by Tuesday. I have just flown from Dubai to London specfically for the RAH concert so will be pretty gutted if it doesnt go ahead!
It might not be the lurgy though. If he's strained his vocals then a throat spray and resting up will probably have him sorted

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 23:48
cassini wrote:Unfortunatley, the 100 day cough is spreading like wildfire across the UK so it would be optimistic to assume Baz will be better by Tuesday. I have just flown from Dubai to London specfically for the RAH concert so will be pretty gutted if it doesnt go ahead!
It might not be the lurgy though. If he's strained his vocals then a throat spray and resting up will probably have him sorted

Jim

I'm sorry to say I think RAH will be cancelled,I'm gutted for band and all the fans who have forked out money,but shit happens sadly.Major Kudu.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Greatkudu wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 01:24
theraven1979 wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 23:48

Jim

I'm sorry to say I think RAH will be cancelled,I'm gutted for band and all the fans who have forked out money,but shit happens sadly.Major Kudu.
I'm optimistic it will still go ahead. Was there no sign at Portsmouth of a voice problem? from other comments it sounds like no.
RAH is too important I think they will do it I think the resting is to ensure RAH still goes ahead and its all over the top precaution. If Baz was that bad they would have anounced already by now that the RAH was cancelled. After RAH he's got a bit of rest before other gigs they are resting his voice now so that RAH can still go ahead. They definitely would have said by now if it wasn't , irresponsible if not
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

You can't just decide on a whim that other band members will take the vocals for the whole show. For a start they have to play their existing parts which may run contrary to the vocals. Not to mention not knowing the words.

I'm sure every effort will be made to play the RAH even if Baz is only 80%.
Let's Boogie
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

StanInBlack wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 22:56
twatinblack wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 19:11 Now wait! I have a thought!

Stranglers and friends. Bring on some fans or fellow artists to fill the rolls!!!
Given that JJB&F fans don't seem to care who is in the band these days as long as the songs get sung, they should get either JJ or Toby to sing everything. Or even Jim. The crowd would think it was amazing regardless.
Oh the irony of it all. The band on their 3rd lead singer now . The original singer who was replaced by a replacement singer who is now replaced by another replacement singer. To replace the replacement , replacement singer shouldn't matter at all and the crowd should love it and think it's amazing as it won't sound any more different than it already does any way.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think this can be achievable. Not without a few crib sheets perhaps and rehearsal time (which they don't have). Look at the amount of songs Hugh has done over the years that he didn't sing on for example.

But yeah in the time they've got it's probably not an option.

Jim
markorbit wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 03:33 You can't just decide on a whim that other band members will take the vocals for the whole show. For a start they have to play their existing parts which may run contrary to the vocals. Not to mention not knowing the words.

I'm sure every effort will be made to play the RAH even if Baz is only 80%.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

The 48 hours rest orders is very telling.Hmmm, just in time for Tueesday night at the Royal Albert Hall and the bigger,more important show.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

The band do need to keep us updated today.
Definitely not a time for silence, except from Baz
rotten thoughts
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Can't imagine JJ will come over for just the 1 Bristol date so I guess they'll try and tack it on to the Summer festival appearances. Or depending on how it goes it could be RAH and Bristol together.

Jim