Re: Now and Then..... release day.

Post by Fredib »

Fantastic ! Best band ever !
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Wonderful use of technology but I can do without the Jeff Lynne influences.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I've just watched the first release of the music video.......i'm stunned absolutely very cleverly constructed with today's technology of the four of them that seems together flicking backwards and presently In time....Now and Then.
The excellent video is a definite 10 out of 10 from me and the song too....wow!
That is how to construct an old song from a rough cassette and music video to accompany it too.
I thoroughly enjoyed both and well done to all concerned with both the song and vid both couldn't of been done any better for the Beatles final song ever.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Quite possibly one of the biggest piles of corpse milking wank I've ever heard. Adds absolutely nothing to their legacy. I have a feeling this'll be forgotten about fairly quickly.
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Post by Waffle waitress »

Now that's a compilation album l might buy, Now Thats What l Call Corpse Milking Wank 37 😅
l think l agree though, to an extent. No one really needed, or really wanted this release, and it does add nothing to what is already arguably the finest legacy in modern music.
(all that's missing is the choker)

Liberez les Stranglers!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

The recording like or loathe it is pretty significant where the Bestles are concerned as they have all contributed to the first raw idea from John in cassette back in '79, then George,Paul and Ringo added parts in '95 and now Paul and Ringo have finished it off totally in 2023.
The technology used in both song and video I haven't seen before so it's pretty much ground breaking and what with two of them not hear but all finished as the four presently I think will never be forgotten not only by Beatles fans but my music fans in general I think.
I was watching young listners reactions on youtube who know very little about the Beatles who were stunned by both just how good the very emotional and melody construction to this song made them feel and also with Ai technology used in the vid too in enalbling them to all appear once again together on a song that they all have already contributed separately through different periods of time onto this now finished version 42 years on.....quite a remarkable musical story I think to one song only.
i think most music lovers will fail to not like this song and all it's full meaning and relevance what with it's now missing members who have in the past put their stamp onto what we ar now hearing and listening to as the final finished version that was left unfinished for years and that is what makes it so special for me only as one music fan that I feel couldn't of been done any better and John's once rough idea was brought to life probably even better as a Beatles sounding song now tbh after Paul's heavily added music and influence in making this song to be always so memorable and meaningful.
Being this is this bands last contribution together that has been generally worldwide very well recieved,liked and appreciated from a band who in general did change the course of direction music wise forever back in the day I think ....like or loathe them.
But this song or any past Beatles song in general isn't everybody's cup ot tea...and that's fair enough each to their own with tastes and likes,but it's been a good release for those who have enjoyed and liked it but it's not for everyone agreed.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

A very average song,at best it should be a b side,a bit pointless to be honest,but each to their own.Major Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:A very average song,at best it should be a b side,a bit pointless to be honest,but each to their own.Major Kudu.
Are you Stan?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 00:07
Greatkudu wrote:A very average song,at best it should be a b side,a bit pointless to be honest,but each to their own.Major Kudu.
Are you Stan?

Jim

:smt005 Stan was even harsher,I'm just being honest about what I heard,I think it's a very average song.Major Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I just don't think it's a very good song to begin with. Lennon mustn't have thought much of it, as he didn't bother to record it for either Double Fantasy or Milk and Honey. George Harrison definitely didn't like it and called it "fucking shit", hence why it was junked when they first started work on it in the 90s. McCartney clearly ended up getting his own way as usual, but the end result is completely pony.

And the video is cheesy as hell.

And oh god, the grown men on Youtube in tears over it all. Like, really!?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 00:07
Are you Stan?

Jim

:smt005 Stan was even harsher,I'm just being honest about what I heard,I think it's a very average song.Major Kudu.
I think that about all their songs tbh

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"