Rolling Stones chat

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Rolling Stones chat

Post by StanInBlack »

Listening to The Rolling Stones' latest. Now, THAT'S how you make a late career record.
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Dark Matters has it stood the test of time?

Post by kenl »

StanInBlack wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 02:47 Listening to The Rolling Stones' latest. Now, THAT'S how you make a late career record.
Are they all the original members or is it Mick and friends?
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Post by Waffle waitress »

kenl wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 07:32
StanInBlack wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 02:47 Listening to The Rolling Stones' latest. Now, THAT'S how you make a late career record.
:lol:
I reckon the Rolling Stones should have changed their name after Brian died

:lol:
(all that's missing is the choker)

Liberez les Stranglers!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

What's so good about it? You weren't that enuthiastic about the first single.Major Kudu.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Stan's updated his pin up. :smt007
No Wyman,no Watts= No Rolling Sones.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Ruby wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 12:30 Stan's updated his pin up. :smt007
No Wyman,no Watts= No Rolling Sones.
On Hackney Diamonds there still is a couple of tracks with Charlie on it and they brought back Bill back on bass again but I wouldn't know on what tracks though tbh i'm not that big enough of a stones fan lol... so in a way it is kind of the rolling stones still rolling back the years again and from what I've heard of it it's a cracking album .....fair play to them and I loved Micks talk of I said to them (The band) if we are to do another album then only if it's a bloody good one...so for Stones fans it must be worth the 18 year wait.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, the creative forces of The Rolling Stones since the very beginning, are still very much there. You go to see the Stones live, you see legends. You go to see JJ & Friends live, you see Baz Warne and the keyboardist from Rialto. Not quite the same thing, methinks.

Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman are both on the new record, by the way.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

StanInBlack wrote:
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, the creative forces of The Rolling Stones since the very beginning, are still very much there. You go to see the Stones live, you see legends. You go to see JJ & Friends live, you see Baz Warne and the keyboardist from Rialto. Not quite the same thing, methinks.

hey I know you don't like Baz, but did you ever see the mk1V band with Jet and Dave both still in it, or later once Jet retired with Dave still there, along with JJ of course?

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 23:08

The Stones were formed by Brian Jones,alot of people think they were never as good again and then Mr Watts dying another dilution,so it's all opinions.Major Kudu.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Had a quick flick through Hackney Diamonds on youtube. Any bass lines anywhere? I didn't catch any. I didn't hear anything like the tasteful playing in 'Too Much Blood' for example. I did notice they had Sir Paul on one track.
Let's Boogie
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 09:42
StanInBlack wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 23:08

The Stones were formed by Brian Jones,alot of people think they were never as good again and then Mr Watts dying another dilution,so it's all opinions.Major Kudu.
Their peak period is generally considered to be 1968 to 1972, and there ain't an awful lot of Brian Jones there. What Stones classics did he write, again?
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

markorbit wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 16:17 Had a quick flick through Hackney Diamonds on youtube. Any bass lines anywhere? I didn't catch any. I didn't hear anything like the tasteful playing in 'Too Much Blood' for example. I did notice they had Sir Paul on one track.
Nobody listens to The Rolling Stones for the basslines.