Glastonbury 2023

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Glastonbury 2023

Post by Greatkudu »

jason wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 20:05 Rick Astley singing Smith's songs is very different! :shock:
Car crash
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

The Manics are on BBC4 now! :smt007
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

jason wrote:The Manics are on BBC4 now! :smt007
Thanks, I was stuck watching the fat arses on BBC1, but I've just switched

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

aldinblack wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 21:42
jason wrote:The Manics are on BBC4 now! :smt007
Thanks, I was stuck watching the fat arses on BBC1, but I've just switched

Yes they was putting me off my dinner so thankfully the Manics saved me! :lol:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Guns and Roses put on a good show.Major Kudu
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

And great they played Down on the Farm as tribute to UK Subs,I'm not a huge Guns N Roses fan but their energy was amazing,but a bit wasted on the hipster middle class Glasto Le Tosseurs.Major Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

jason wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 16:42 The Beeb would would rather show a Grime/Rap artist than the Damned sadly.
Of course. I mean, it would make sense that they would rather show something current and relevant to now over something that isn't.
jonimac
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jonimac »

Axel’s vocals reminded me of Norman Collier….

Gave up after ten songs, as I’d only recognised two up to that point, and one was a McCartney song.
I would however say that Slash looked and played the part.
I predict those pictures of the reflection in his sunglasses will be on posters in the not to distant future. Will watch the second half today, as I expect there will hopefully be more from the Spaghetti Incident :lol:

Turned over and watched Lana Del Ray instead.
Really interesting show, but she needs to buy a better watch.
Christine & The Queens also sounded good but Helouise probably needs a new wardrobe adviser.
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

I watched the whole G&R set, although it did drag on just a bit towards the end.

The band were great, even if some of the songs were not. And Slash, well to me that's a proper guitar god right there.

As for Axle, I'm not sure what to think about him. I was never a big fan of his whiny singing voice anyway, but now he can't even do it properly.
Or was it a mic problem? Running across the stage all the time can't help and seems a bit pointless to me.

But overall it was a good headline act to have and at least we're getting "rock music" headlining now, instead of Stormzy and other shit like that lol

I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 13:44 I watched the whole G&R set, although it did drag on just a bit towards the end.

The band were great, even if some of the songs were not. And Slash, well to me that's a proper guitar god right there.

As for Axle, I'm not sure what to think about him. I was never a big fan of his whiny singing voice anyway, but now he can't even do it properly.
Or was it a mic problem? Running across the stage all the time can't help and seems a bit pointless to me.

But overall it was a good headline act to have and at least we're getting "rock music" headlining now, instead of Stormzy and other shit like that lol

Sir it may have been a Mic problem? But when his voice was heard it was in great shape,and playing UK Subs song was great,Slash is fucking amazing,but the whole band are amazing musicians, audience looked like they came to the wrong band,but I did quite like old Lizzo she has a great voice and proud of her size,an inspiration to Women who are not like Stick Insects.Major Kudu
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 12:57
jason wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 16:42 The Beeb would would rather show a Grime/Rap artist than the Damned sadly.
Of course. I mean, it would make sense that they would rather show something current and relevant to now over something that isn't.
The Damned are still relevant to lots of people and you see younger fans at their gigs as well as the oldies,I would say bands like the Damned have increased relevance,but just my opinion.Major Kudu.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Greatkudu wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 12:02 Guns and Roses put on a good show.Major Kudu
I watched their set in the pub, I enjoyed it. A fair few tracks I didn't recognise, but then I don't know much of their stuff. Slash certainly knows how to play the guitar, though sometimes it get a bit self-indulgent.

Now I'm just watching Blondie, I can't quite tell whether her voice is any good any more, there's a lot of duff notes. And I wish they knew how to finish a song without all the drum rolls and faffing about.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall