50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by kenl »

StanInBlack wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 22:27
kenl wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 21:44 Jet was the driving force behind the MiB idea.
He may have been the initial spark of inspiration due to the literature he was reading, but it was Hugh that moulded those disparate ideas of UFOs and bible stories into the concept. Unless you're suggesting Jet wrote the lyrics, which he didn't.
You weren't a fan at the time, so how would you know? I was 15 and my life revolved around the Stranglers. It might be in an issue of Strangled, or somewhere else, but "the concept" quoted on the Gospel... album cover totally relates to the album sleeve design being Hugh's idea not about the whole concept.
See p189 of the Song by Song book. That's eludes to it but it is definitely written somewhere that the concept was Hugh's idea about the album sleeve.
I doubt the other band members were happy about it!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

StanInBlack wrote:
Josh wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 22:09 I'm currently in Newcastle and it's been pretty good so far. No sign of Stan though :grin:
That's because I'm not there! Image
The WiFi is good at the venue

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

kenl wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 22:43 it is definitely written somewhere that the concept was Hugh's idea about the album sleeve.
The concept of the sleeve is pretty much a representation of the concept of the album. The Last Supper with the man in black, the meeting of the biblical with the extraterrestrial.
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

ThinkTank wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 22:12 Hugh probably did the concept idea but he didn't make the connection between the Bible and UFOs though as i remember reading a book about that subject well before the Meninblack album came out. It was an already thought out theory and interpretations already made from the stories in the Bible. Chariots of something or other it was called
I remember at the time of reading thinking how ridiculous it is, and dismissing the idea as it was so long ago, how could they have been here thousands of years ago. Now of course with more knowledge thousands of years is nothing but a blink of an eye compared to the big bang that happened 13.6 billion years ago. We could easily be a million years behind another distant civilisation.

My past interest in UFOs certainly made me fascinated with the Meninblack album.
Yes I think I recall Jet mentioning Chario'ts of the God book which he may have introduced to the band. Don't know about Hugh
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Cricklewood wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 23:22
ThinkTank wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 22:12 Hugh probably did the concept idea but he didn't make the connection between the Bible and UFOs though as i remember reading a book about that subject well before the Meninblack album came out. It was an already thought out theory and interpretations already made from the stories in the Bible. Chariots of something or other it was called
I remember at the time of reading thinking how ridiculous it is, and dismissing the idea as it was so long ago, how could they have been here thousands of years ago. Now of course with more knowledge thousands of years is nothing but a blink of an eye compared to the big bang that happened 13.6 billion years ago. We could easily be a million years behind another distant civilisation.

My past interest in UFOs certainly made me fascinated with the Meninblack album.
Yes I think I recall Jet mentioning Chario'ts of the God book which he may have introduced to the band. Don't know about Hugh
In the 70's i think there were a few similar books about. I think Jet must have really bought into the idea already as when i read the book it was really a boring read i got the feeling that these people that are involved in UFOs are dependant on UFOs being real for their livelihood and careers so they interpret everything and anything to being proof of a UFO. This of course then can weaken the case as you realise its all speculation and imagination with lack of evidence.

Im not saying its extra terrestrial but i think the government are hiding something as the US navy have shown with very genuine pilot witnesses contesting their stories and the radar and flare IR imaging backing up their stories.

Very interesting.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Jet never lost interest in these matters. He never stopped reading books on this subject. Same goes for me. As a 15 year old when the record came out I became totally into all this and still am.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

They've recently proven a lot of the classic US "UFO" footage is all just standard identified objects. Was on the news a couple of weeks back.

Jim
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

theraven1979 wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 10:06 They've recently proven a lot of the classic US "UFO" footage is all just standard identified objects. Was on the news a couple of weeks back.

Jim
That's a shame i really would have loved to see that. I cant see how they would have an answer for the account i was thinking of, so if they have, that would have been a very interesting watch. If they do have an answer it wouldn't surprise me as most things do have an explanation.

The interview if anyone is interested or have the time as its 2 hour interview on Spotify its a pod cast of Joe Rogan talking to Commander Fravor about the Tic Tac incident off the Nimitz cruiser. A very fascinating and intriguing interview but quite detailed of what happened comes across as very honest as well.
Put search in spotify of = podcast Joe Rogan talking to commander Fravor
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

evonx wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 10:03 Jet never lost interest in these matters. He never stopped reading books on this subject. Same goes for me. As a 15 year old when the record came out I became totally into all this and still am.
Watch that Joe Rogan Interview you will love it lol :grin:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

That Tic Tac footage was one that got disproved. I think some guy used basic trigonometry to prove that the speeds weren't that fast.

Jim
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

This is what makes all this so sceptical there really isn't any very good evidence of proof.

On YouTube/ Tic Toc people post very clear rare video in high res 4K quality of animals doing weird things all the time but with UFOs Big Foot or Loch Ness Monster its always short clips and very grainy video in black and white where you can never see properly what's happening.

The USA military Pilots are saying they see these UFOs everyday for a month and not one of them have thought i will get my cell phone camera ready and when i see one i will take a photo.

It seems like always the clearer the footage the more chance it has of being disproven even though i would love it to be proven as all true i still stay sceptical.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Who thinks we should close this topic and discuss the tour now under individual reviews etc? We know the setlist now and I doubt it'll change.

If I get more than 3 people voting in favour I'll lock this.

Jim