Post by airflamesred »

29 April -
Anyone going?
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Straighten out, Dublin castle

Post by toilerinblack »

No,but I still keep a close eye and listen still on what they are playing currently,they play a great Dead Los Angeles and I love the Sewer bit where he sings fast paced cos,cos,cos,cos,cos,cos there gonna survive.!!!!!!.....great live bit from him in.
The bass guy seems to have perfected all of JJ's moves even better nowday's,he's pretty much got it nailed both musically on the bass and JJ's singing and moves.Anybody seeing them live will get a good Stranglers night out with plenty of room on the dance floor to dance about as well.
Still the best Stranglers tribute act about by a mile.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

So nobody going?
Fine, I'll go on my own then, see if I care.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Everyone's doing the other tribute band these days

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Certainly are.........
Certainly are.........
IMG-20230424-WA0001.jpg (369.2 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
theraven1979 wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 19:30 Everyone's doing the other tribute band these days

Jim

gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:Everyone's doing the other tribute band these days

Jim

Ouch!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well there's only one real tribute band for me Straighten Out running alongside the Real band the Stranglers both excellent musicians and players and still both a great watch today live and I hope they both keep going and going and both do the 50th next year,a double jam together would be something really to see on stage,it reminds me of my old days in Clapham South London back in the day where any guitarist could get up and join inand play on stage playing the blues on blues nights....sometimes there were so many guitarists it was a nuts of a jam together.
I'd love to see Shaggy on bass jamming with JJ and Phil the vocalist playing on guitar to say a Sewer jam that would be amazing to see as the tribute band could slot in easy as hell.
A 50th formation celebration together with real and tribute band playing say Go Buddy Go a real rock and roll jam that never ends....now that I would pay to see....lol
I have nothing but respect for both the real and one real tribute band....great stuff them both playing the same rock and roll.
I know Mick the keyboard player met Dave as I've seen a great pic of them together on their site,a one off one joined jam band Strangled!....lol for the 50th formation year lol
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

toilerinblack wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 08:31 I'd love to see Shaggy on bass jamming with JJ and Phil the vocalist playing on guitar to say a Sewer jam that would be amazing to see as the tribute band could slot in easy as hell.
If JJ did that wouldn't he have to be cautious as the uninformed would be confused who is the current Stranglers and who is the Tribute act they may even prefer JJ with the tribute act lol Sorry i couldn't resist that but Christ you know what there could well be an element of truth to it as well.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

ThinkTank wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 11:59
toilerinblack wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 08:31 I'd love to see Shaggy on bass jamming with JJ and Phil the vocalist playing on guitar to say a Sewer jam that would be amazing to see as the tribute band could slot in easy as hell.
If JJ did that wouldn't he have to be cautious as the uninformed would be confused who is the current Stranglers and who is the Tribute act they may even prefer JJ with the tribute act lol Sorry i couldn't resist that but Christ you know what there could well be an element of truth to it as well.
:roll:
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Josh wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 18:17
:roll:
Well I meant more as general jam a one off coming together but Shaggy is a great bass player for sure whose learnt to play all of JJ's bass lines perfectly.
On the whole their all great players who enjoy their craft and playing to an audience and good luck to them because as a musician there's no better feeling playing your instrument I think.
It's also great seeing Shaggy wearing his triumph t shirt at some gigs who I think really does play his part in the band to the full as does all of the rest of the band members do too and I must go and see them at some point.
Just a great tribute band who I think gets better and better with time which has been a long time now.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Have they ever released a cd?
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

I suppose it could be argued that Hugh is now more 'Stranglers' (as many will remember) than JJ and friends.