Moderator: StanInBlack

ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Straighten out, Dublin castle

Post by ThinkTank »

airflamesred wrote: 30 Apr 2023, 19:15
ThinkTank wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 11:59

If JJ did that wouldn't he have to be cautious as the uninformed would be confused who is the current Stranglers and who is the Tribute act they may even prefer JJ with the tribute act lol Sorry i couldn't resist that but Christ you know what there could well be an element of truth to it as well.
I suppose it could be argued that Hugh is now more 'Stranglers' (as many will remember) than JJ and friends.
I honestly couldn't see how it could have continued without Hugh and looking at the history it speaks for its self why it shouldn't have continued and not to mention how it has all turned out is nothing short of shocking.

I do think though as you hinted "many will remember" all those people have probably long gone now i do actually believe that if JJ left now and Baz continued with the other two guys and a new bass player it wouldn't make a single bit of difference to the live gigs. Writing of new material is another ball game but i believe the bread and butter of the band is the greatest hits live tour. I honestly believe that and i think its all about the great songs and the band members being irrelevant which is where the thinking of my first post comes from.

One thing is for sure i shall really enjoy seeing Hugh this Friday i am really looking forward to it will you be going at all ?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

airflamesred wrote:
ThinkTank wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 11:59

If JJ did that wouldn't he have to be cautious as the uninformed would be confused who is the current Stranglers and who is the Tribute act they may even prefer JJ with the tribute act lol Sorry i couldn't resist that but Christ you know what there could well be an element of truth to it as well.
I suppose it could be argued that Hugh is now more 'Stranglers' (as many will remember) than JJ and friends.
Is there even an argument?!

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Hugh does his own thing well, but I still see JJ and Baz etc as The Stranglers.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

ThinkTank wrote:
One thing is for sure i shall really enjoy seeing Hugh this Friday i am really looking forward to it will you be going at all ?
I'll have to wait til Brighton or Islington and I never got to this because or a thudden cwithith at home but I may go and see them in Eastbourne.
Last edited by airflamesred on 02 May 2023, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

airflamesred wrote: 01 May 2023, 20:16 [quote=ThinkTank post_id=496181
I'll have to wait til Brighton or Islington and I never got to this because or a thudden cwithith at home but I may go and see them in Eastbourne.
[/quote]

I am very tempted by Brighton and Islington as well.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Just watched their last song of the night at..... Dublin Castle
A quality,quality version of Sewer why was it quality?
Well it's cos.,cos,cos,cos,cos,cos,cos,cos,cos,cos,cos......their gonna surrviiiiiiiiiiiiìiive!
Great stuff Phil! And Shaggy's thumping Deep bass was spot on to every note as usual.