Euro Tour set list improving a bit .

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Euro Tour set list improving a bit .

Post by Greatkudu »

I see the Euro Tour set list is slight improvement,don't want to spoil it for anyone who is going,but it's more interesting than last year's Euro Tour.Major Styles.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Euro Tour set list improving a bit .

Post by theraven1979 »

When I looked the other day it was all MKI with about 3 songs off the new album.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 17:40 When I looked the other day it was all MKI with about 3 songs off the new album.

Jim
They have added another two now so 25 Songs and 19 are Mark 1....that's 76% of the Set is composed of Material 1977-1990.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 17:40 When I looked the other day it was all MKI with about 3 songs off the new album.

Jim
Yes we'll of course because they know the songs from the Hugh period are classics,but fair play for a few interesting changes for French tour.Major Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Imagine if Hugh did that though - There would be uproar!

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 17:55

Jim
Yes we'll of course because they know the songs from the Hugh period are classics,but fair play for a few interesting changes for French tour.Major Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 17:58 Imagine if Hugh did that though - There would be uproar!

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 17:55

Jim
Well we all know Hughs sets are far more interesting,I watched some footage,got bored to be honest.Major Kudu :smt010
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Looks a decent set but I think there's only one track there I haven't seen them do before, and the vast majority of the others I saw with Dave and Jet still in the band so I don't really feel like I've missed out on these latest gigs.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

parasiteinblack wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 19:38 Looks a decent set but I think there's only one track there I haven't seen them do before, and the vast majority of the others I saw with Dave and Jet still in the band so I don't really feel like I've missed out on these latest gigs.
They need more off Norfolk Coast / Suite / Giants. Even Cool Danny, Coup De Grace (Song) etc...
Last edited by Cells&Plasma on 09 Mar 2023, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 19:43
parasiteinblack wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 19:38 Looks a decent set but I think there's only one track there I haven't seen them do before, and the vast majority of the others I saw with Dave and Jet still in the band so I don't really feel like I've missed out on these latest gigs.
They need more off Norfolk Coast / Suite / Giants. Even Cool Danny, Coup De Grace etc...
Yeah, that would be more tempting.
Keep the one track I haven't experienced in the flesh and then add a load more stuff from after the first few albums and I'd be more interested in seeing what they can do with them.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I thought that they might be doing more of their own material on the tours for 2023.
The French tour and especially the Paris ground control gig was excellent and that is the way forwards for them as I see it.
OK we all know the Mk1 material is the best from the band in their history we know that but I'd raise the bar differently with more of their material post '90 like from NC for sure why does that album seemed to get left out so much?
I wish they did less of the old hits we've heard again and again for decades but with still a few Mk1 tracks that haven't been done to freshen the set up a bit with more tracks from NC,Suite and DM
Yes it's their band but why oh why do we keep getting the same old stuff when there is so much material to choose from I never understand tbh but they will do what they want to at the end of the day it's their band and not mine.
Hugh's set is far more interesting to see and hear for me who I think gets it right who will keep on changing and tinkering it all about sometimes nightly and for me that as a musician is the right way to keep the paying fans interested and happy who also as a fan just might go and see that artist a few times on the same tour knowing full well the set list could change from the one they've paid and seen previously who might be seeing a different set list on a different night but on the same tour keeping everyone happy for their money as a fan.
Really change the list up in the UK is what I'd like to see happen and I think they need to.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Every tour you get a greatest hits style stylist and yet every tour there's a debate about what they need to do to change it. They won't, they are happy with the same old.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

The bulk has been the same for many many years and we now get The Lines too.... I'm happy they're shuffling three or four songs but "improve" is a big word imho
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came