Flo BBC sound of 2023 winner,the next big thing?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Flo BBC sound of 2023 winner,the next big thing?

Post by Greatkudu »

I read with Morbid Fascination that a girl R n B group had one the annual BBC sounds award for 2023, previous winners include one of my favs Sam Smith And Adele :smt005 Now this got me thinking,is this really the best the music industry can find? Do young people and of course it's aimed at young, really want something so middle of the road and un original,it's very sad to me but just sums up the state of the music industry,and surprise surprise all the members of this group are very attractive superficially,if they were 30 stone each they wouldn't get a look in,and just one more thing that makes it even worse another one of my faves rang them to tell them the great news,one of the band members was quoted as saying this is insane? Yes it is insane that this boring manufactured garbage will ever be heard by anyone,but sadly expect Flo to be everywhere in the next few months, whatever happened to attitude and rebellion? It makes me appreciate the Stranglers even more,it would be impossible for a band like the Stranglers to get anywhere today for so many reasons,oh what the hell,I'm off to the Flo launch party later,see you there.Lt Kudu. :smt005 :smt005
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Flo BBC sound of 2023 winner,the next big thing?

Post by jetblacksdad »

Yes they do because they have been totally brainwashed by the media and the big companies who sell bland shit to people with no brains.

It's all beige and started in the 90s with Britpop, Blairism etc. Houses. The same. Clothes. The same. Cars. the same. Music. The same.

At least the political position of the mid to late 70's gave us polar opposites that created a charge and a mini revolution that allowed punk and The Stranglers to happen.

Glad I was born when I was!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Flo BBC sound of 2023 winner,the next big thing?

Post by Greatkudu »

jetblacksdad wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 10:45 Yes they do because they have been totally brainwashed by the media and the big companies who sell bland shit to people with no brains.

It's all beige and started in the 90s with Britpop, Blairism etc. Houses. The same. Clothes. The same. Cars. the same. Music. The same.

At least the political position of the mid to late 70's gave us polar opposites that created a charge and a mini revolution that allowed punk and The Stranglers to happen.

Glad I was born when I was!
Sir so am I,of course always been bland music,but we seem to have gone backwards now,as Hugh said young people have no rebellion,the Stranglers were all rebels in their own way,I appreciate them more,and will continue to support the band as they are now, even though I prefer Hughs albums and gigs,but a band like the Stranglers would be cancelled,it's been said before the Stranglers are the weirdest bunch of people you could ever have in a group,but look what they achieved,with the loss of Jet and only Hugh and JJ left from original lineup,it makes you appreciate the amazing music even more,but please come and join me at the Flo album launch party,you know you want to,I hear the girls are getting matching Tattoos to celebrate the BBC sounds award,don't tell Hugh :smt005 Lt Sheeran.