Ghosts

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Ghosts

Post by aldinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:Even though I've seen a few things I simply cannot explain away I am a little cynical on this tbh. If you're looking to experience something like this I'd say be open to it and don't dismiss every thing as simple bumps in the night etc.

I've just remembered in the last house I lived in (a house around 130 years old) on at least 2 occasions I heard someone downstairs playing piano at around 3am. It wasn't any particular tune it was just like 4 or 5 notes played slowly. Funny thing is we didn't have a piano and neither did my neighbour.

Jim
aldinblack wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 11:36 When you're walking on the streets at night
You turn around and die of fright
What's that in the shadows?

Seriously though I have always been a bit fascinated with this kind of thing, but also a bit cynical about it. I've never seen or experienced anything to convince me anything actually exists.
But I'd quite like to prove myself wrong one day. So if anybody has any hints or tips on how or where I could experience something please share..
OMG is that why you moved house lol!

I'm sure that would freak me out a bit and would convince me there is something out there...
I Hate You !
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

My wife and her sisters claimed to see Winston Churchill's ghost sitting on a seat in the grounds many years ago once at Chartwell.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

aldinblack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Even though I've seen a few things I simply cannot explain away I am a little cynical on this tbh. If you're looking to experience something like this I'd say be open to it and don't dismiss every thing as simple bumps in the night etc.

I've just remembered in the last house I lived in (a house around 130 years old) on at least 2 occasions I heard someone downstairs playing piano at around 3am. It wasn't any particular tune it was just like 4 or 5 notes played slowly. Funny thing is we didn't have a piano and neither did my neighbour.

Jim
aldinblack wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 11:36 When you're walking on the streets at night
You turn around and die of fright
What's that in the shadows?

Seriously though I have always been a bit fascinated with this kind of thing, but also a bit cynical about it. I've never seen or experienced anything to convince me anything actually exists.
But I'd quite like to prove myself wrong one day. So if anybody has any hints or tips on how or where I could experience something please share..
OMG is that why you moved house lol!

I'm sure that would freak me out a bit and would convince me there is something out there...
We didn't move house for that reason but in the same house my wife traced the history of the previous owners and one of them died at the bottom of the stairs. Which was nice to know when you walked down to the kitchen at 3 in the morning for water or whatever

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Remembered another incident in that house that did genuinely scare the shit out of me. I'll hang fire for now though. Lets hear Linda or someone elses accounts.

Jim
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

To preface this, my Grandmother and Aunt have both had interactions with the spirit world on significant levels and, until I moved into my current house, some 30 years ago, I did not at all believe in it but thoughts and investigations lead me to think that there is something that is perhaps passed on. An ability to recognise these events. The brain tuned to a certain frequency............

There are events that preceded my fist sighting but I'll do those later.

However. We bought a house that was built on the site of an old farm. The house was built in 1938 and, as an aside, was used as a guest house in the war where two German spies were found to be operating. They were not what I saw though.

One night I awoke in the middle of the night to find an elderly woman hovering at the end of the bed. about 2 feet up from the floor. She was wearing a long, victorian type checked skirt with a shawl and her hair was long and grey but swept up into a bun type of do. She had her back slightly turned away but she was holing something in front of her that looked like a candle.

I very nearly shat the bed in terror and was frozen to the spot for 30 seconds. Nothing happened. But as soon as I awoke my wife and pointed, the vision disappeared in a shimmering motion from the bottom upwards.

This got me interested so I read up accounts from others and a number of them also said that their visions/ghosts also disappeared in the same way. I was confused by the hovering but learned that was also common as the ghost inhabit their dimension and obviously there must have been a building there before back in the day with floors on different levels

sometime after this I was contacted by the local paper who told me that the previous inhabitant used to see something in the house as a child. They phoned and rather light-heartedly recounted his story and were rather shocked when I said "well, to tell you the truth........."

The next time was close to Christmas a year of so after. I was rushing doing some present wrapping for the Mrs and was late to collect my car for a service. As I literally ran for the door I passed through the very same vision as it came down my stairs. It wasn't until I was actually in my car that I realised what had just happened. It was a massive head rush.

The third time was in a very similar position, I was going to the downstairs loo which is just at the foot of the stairs and as I got to the door, the very same vision whooshed past me from behind.Good job I was close to the loo so I didn't shit myself!

So, three sightings, two virtually in the same place and all of the same old lady.

Other stories to follow!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jetblacksdad wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 11:05 I have had many encounters. When I have more time I will chronicle them for you.

I have absolutely NO DOUBT that there is something extra out there.

I have seen the same entity three times and have had encounters since my son passed away - one just the other day.
It gives me great comfort that we shall see our loved ones in some form once again.
Sir once again so sorry for your loss,I lost my Dad last June and still not over it,it does give me comfort that hopefully we see are loved ones again on the other side.Lt Kudu.
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

So
I’ve had things happen when I was younger
But this goes back 20 years
A dear friend of mine became addicted to alcohol
He couldn’t see it/ wouldn’t admit it but in the end he passed away liver failure etc aged 39.
The last time he came to our house we went shopping
He bought a red sweatshirt.
When he stayed over at our house he slept in the spare room next to our sons room.
Couple months after he passed I woke up sensing there was someone in the house
At first I thought downstairs
Then I felt someone was looking at me in bed
I went freezing cold
Heart racing
Legs so heavy
I looked to the side of my wardrobe
There was an outline of a male
No facial features but dark hair
Jeans and bottom of a red sweatshirt!!!!
I said Piss off it’s not funny anymore
Looked again
Nothing!!!!!!
Next morning our Son who was 4 said
Mummy last night you came to see me!
I said No I didn’t
He said Yes you did
I heard and mimicked footsteps on the stairs!!!
I’ve also heard my Mum call me twice after she passed
Once in our family home
And when I moved away after getting married.

I really believe even when people are gone they are still with us.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Very weird - I had something strange like that when my dad died. I didn't have a black tie for his funeral and my mum said my dad had one somewhere but she had no idea where it would be. First place I looked, I opened a wardrobe and found an old box that was never used, opened it up and the first thing staring at me was this black tie.

SImilar thing happened when my grandad died one of his favourite songs was "The Old Rugged Cross" - I walked into town on the day he died (probably to buy food or something) and a busker who I'd never seen before was stood on the main street belting out that song. I thought that's incredibly strange to hear considering that it was my grandad's fave and it's not really something a busker would play.

Jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

The other thing that happened in that house was one night I woke up to go for a piss (at an age now where I have to get up for a piss during the night!). The second I got out of bed I heard this noise, like hushed talking but I didn't understand what was said. Y'know sometimes when someone says something to you it takes a little while to get what they're saying? Well as I walked to the toilet I clocked what was said.....it was "I see you". Needless to say I took the quickest piss in the world and dashed back to bed. Sheets firmly over the head!

The other encounters didn't really scare me, like other people I just found it a bit weird but that one really got me.

Jim

theraven1979 wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 09:39 Remembered another incident in that house that did genuinely scare the shit out of me. I'll hang fire for now though. Lets hear Linda or someone elses accounts.

Jim
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Halifax Linda wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 16:19 So
I’ve had things happen when I was younger
But this goes back 20 years
A dear friend of mine became addicted to alcohol
He couldn’t see it/ wouldn’t admit it but in the end he passed away liver failure etc aged 39.
The last time he came to our house we went shopping
He bought a red sweatshirt.
When he stayed over at our house he slept in the spare room next to our sons room.
Couple months after he passed I woke up sensing there was someone in the house
At first I thought downstairs
Then I felt someone was looking at me in bed
I went freezing cold
Heart racing
Legs so heavy
I looked to the side of my wardrobe
There was an outline of a male
No facial features but dark hair
Jeans and bottom of a red sweatshirt!!!!
I said Piss off it’s not funny anymore
Looked again
Nothing!!!!!!
Next morning our Son who was 4 said
Mummy last night you came to see me!
I said No I didn’t
He said Yes you did
I heard and mimicked footsteps on the stairs!!!
I’ve also heard my Mum call me twice after she passed
Once in our family home
And when I moved away after getting married.

I really believe even when people are gone they are still with us.
Had very similar happen!

Your accounts exactly like mine
Visits from loved ones and drop in temperature.
And my eldest used to see someone when he was tiny.

Some of you will know that I do work with Killing Joke and Paul Raven was a good friend. He had stayed with us many times and left bits of luggage with us - he was a couch surfer.

When he died there was alot of noise coming from the attic where his stuff was.
He came to me and, to my shame, I freaked and sent him away as I was not ready for it. I have sensed his spirit many times nearby and strange things have happened.

One was about my watch and his funeral. But that is for later!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

Very similar
Our experiences
My son used to have imaginary friend called Peter
Never thought much of it till my Nan passed
I found out she had a son Peter who died in infancy!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Interesting stuff.