Songs you'd like to hear return

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Songs you'd like to hear return

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 01:41 Princess of the Streets
Yes that i'd like to hear make a come back....always a great track live with JJ's vocals.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 01 Jan 2023, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

They've played Princess a fair bit in the last 6 years IIRC.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Yes, played on the 2016 and 2019 tours according to this.
You can check all the songs here as long as people have posted the setlist.
https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/the- ... d=73d42e05

I would be more than happy to see just a "JJ songs" set, lots of classics in there.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

It's just gonna be hits tours from now on,with a few from DMs.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 13:23
jason wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 01:41 Princess of the Streets
Blimey that hasn't been done for a long time now yes that would be a good JJ sung one to do agreed with a bit of the old Stranglers throw back in 2023 which is good but not one that the fans would be tired of hearing as it hasn't been done for a long time good choice.
You could also give "Ugly and airing,Dead Ringer,Burning up time there is so many from the old catalogue.
A lot of the Roundhouse 30 years on songs would be good to hear again as this current line still has the old enthusiasm and energy of old and apart from
the new DM one's they could do a split gig like hugh does a 50'50 of old and new would be a fresh way of a gigs set list it works very well for Hugh that way except they would be playing all Stranglers material unlike Hugh but a "Here and Then" tour would be good a new and grass roots split gig but many may not want to see that sort of a gig them doind so much early K1 stuff i don't which they might want left alone and i do get and understand that too.... but i still get curious of how they can make it sound today with a 20223 take on them which i think Toby wouldn't have a problem learning and playing anything thrown at him he's that good i think.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

^ I'd think if they did a 50/50 gig like that, people would accuse them of "copying" Hugh's approach. But they did something similar for the B&W tour, so maybe not.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

droopsnoot wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 10:31 ^ I'd think if they did a 50/50 gig like that, people would accuse them of "copying" Hugh's approach. But they did something similar for the B&W tour, so maybe not.
Yes true you may have a point there as that has been Hugh's was of a gig layout for so long now.
But in a way he has to do that because he's had two very different type of long carees ine on the band and one without both with now 10 studio albums each so for him it's a kind of best way of doing the gig some for the stranglers fans who want to hear him do the old ones and also his own stuff,where the Stranglers haven't changed it could be a split way of doing the gig ..".Here and Then" which could be a first half early raw grass root stuff to a second half more present..Suite/Giants/DM material.
Yes The B&W has been done like you say but that was just a one complete albums worth only but never the less you are right and i don't suppose nowday's they would do that sort of a gig anyway it was just a good thought of an idea only as a debate.
I only wish that at some point in their career they came back for "My Young Dreams " as a proper recording like they did do with" Strange Little Girl" years later from the demo idea.... i still feel that was a wasted lovely song but at least Jet did something with it though.