Songs you'd like to hear return

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

oliverj1999
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Songs you'd like to hear return

Post by oliverj1999 »

So apart from the dark matters album, seeing the stranglers over the past few years it's all the same thing. Hopefully with Toby we can maybe see some rarities played
List 3 songs you'd like to see Baz have a cracking at
My 3.

Sinister
Second Coming
Let me introduce you to the family
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Songs you'd like to hear return

Post by theraven1979 »

Aside from a few off DM - I don't think "The Stranglers" have attempted anything other than greatest hits in the last decade have they? I can't see them doing it now. Greatest Hits are a safe bet. I reckon Toby would like to have a crack at other stuff though.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Well, there was the entire Black and White album tour, intended to play the less popular stuff from that particular album, so not entirely without change, although I can't remember when that was now. There's loads of stuff I'd probably like to hear live, but I'm not interested in songs being played live just because they haven't been done, because there's usually a reason for that. I'm not sure "Sinister" would work, but the other two mentioned could.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
oliverj1999
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by oliverj1999 »

droopsnoot wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 10:05 Well, there was the entire Black and White album tour, intended to play the less popular stuff from that particular album, so not entirely without change, although I can't remember when that was now. There's loads of stuff I'd probably like to hear live, but I'm not interested in songs being played live just because they haven't been done, because there's usually a reason for that. I'm not sure "Sinister" would work, but the other two mentioned could.
Black and white tour was 2016, was a great tour too
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Shah Shah a go go and Waiting for the Meninblack. 8)
adeinblack
Rats Rally

Post by adeinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 10:01 Aside from a few off DM - I don't think "The Stranglers" have attempted anything other than greatest hits in the last decade have they? I can't see them doing it now. Greatest Hits are a safe bet. I reckon Toby would like to have a crack at other stuff though.

Jim
Actually its the opposite in the last 10 years they have played lots of different tunes far more diverse than most 40 year old bands.
Toulouse-London Lady-Sometimes-Hang Ar-Princess-Sewer (in fact only Ugly has not been played)
Wog-Burning-Peasant-Deadringer-English T-Bitching-Dagenham-Nubiles (only School Mam not played)
Everything from B & W
Longships-Raven-Harry-Ice-Genitix- (Dead loss has not been been played, Sha Sha and Men in Black not played for 40 odd years)
things get a bit thinner after that with the 5th as Waltz-Turn and i think Manna are virgins. (2nd coming- hallow and waiting for the MIB are unplayed for 40 years) La Folie has plenty of virgins are several like (Non Stop- Family-Pin Up-HTFTL&H are unplayed for a while)

My 3 I would like to hear.
Aint Nothin To It
Manna machine
Sha Sha A Go Go

Love to hear JJ do Ugly & Suzy.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

None as they would never be as good now.Stick to the hits as that's what most people want.Lt Kudu.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Sinister
Fantastic, one of the highlights of that era, no way the current line up would even think of doing that one ....
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

I would agree the live list is a bit stale. Ive said it before, its like going to the same gig again - and again. The B&W tour did not make it down under and I would have loved that one. Here is some I have not heard for a few decades live:

Genetix
Family
Second Coming
Nothing on Earth
Sewer - cant remember that for a very long time here.
Shah
Tramp

It easier to say what you would like dropped now.

Golden Brown
Walk on By
Always the Sun
Strange Little Girl

and dare i even say Peaches and No More Heroes. Tank is played just as much, but I do love that one live.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Even if they do carry on with the tired old Greatest Hits tour then at least mix it up a bit. Maybe put Heroes right at the start like they did in the early 90s.

Jim
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

It would be great if they did an "Obscurities" tour, playing non-hits and rarities - I am sure they could still fill good sized venues with such a tour, and it would be such a treat for us die-hard fans!

Sil - pls consider it!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yep - throw GB and Heroes in as the encores

Jim
cassini wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 11:17 It would be great if they did an "Obscurities" tour, playing non-hits and rarities - I am sure they could still fill good sized venues with such a tour, and it would be such a treat for us die-hard fans!

Sil - pls consider it!