Moderator: StanInBlack

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: New Damned Album 2023

Post by Cells&Plasma »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 22:58
Cells&Plasma wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 21:01 Are you Cilla Black? I'm always up for a meet up but I don't wanna base the whole fucking evening around it.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Well don't fucking meet up then....easy.
Had no intention tbh. You mentioned it!

Jim

Of course you didn't and I did mention it.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Let's Boogie
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Just in a meeting but I'm gonna give it my full attention in a few mins

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Far better than Invisible Man - ruined by the silly middle 8

Lets see what the whole album looks like!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

S'alright - Yeah better than the last one. I dunno the main underlying beat is a bit of a plod rocker.

I suppose when The Damned and psychedelic is mentioned I just want Strawberries which we're never gonna get are we? I thought you got more eccentric in your old age though?

Jim
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Good song and cool video. Seems to be more dynamic than the Stranglers This Song. Prefer Dave Vanian's singing in general to Baz' vocal delivery in the Stranglers.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Lafleur wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 12:06 Good song and cool video. Seems to be more dynamic than the Stranglers This Song. Prefer Dave Vanian's singing in general to Baz' vocal delivery in the Stranglers.
It's pretty good,with all respect Dave Vanian can really sing,as we know Baz very limited in his vocal range but he does his best,Vanians voice seems to get better with age,a class act.Major Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Really loving Invisible Man, it’s quite bonkers but brilliant.

Beware Of The Clown is a great song too.
Gotta say I’m a big fan of that Paul O’Grady and it’s great to see him in this video.
Shush this is serious
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Cells&Plasma wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 18:30
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 18:29 Just got my Damned ticket for Leeds. I thought they would have released the new album before the gigs tbh so we can familiar ourselves with the new songs which they’ll be playing but anyway I’m really looking forward to this one as it’s been a few years since I last saw the band.
Are you taking Jim with you then?? Strange you don't meet up if that's possible?
I actually saw our Jimbo at the Brudenell Social Club when Hugh played there last November. I decided not to approach him as he stood there at the bar with his bottle of Champers in a bucket of ice. He was getting quite cosy with Mr Cornwell and I didn’t want to ruin his Hugh-Love-Fest.
:lol:
Shush this is serious
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 18:29 Just got my Damned ticket for Leeds. I thought they would have released the new album before the gigs tbh so we can familiar ourselves with the new songs which they’ll be playing but anyway I’m really looking forward to this one as it’s been a few years since I last saw the band.
Are you taking Jim with you then?? Strange you don't meet up if that's possible?
I actually saw our Jimbo at the Brudenell Social Club when Hugh played there last November. I decided not to approach him as he stood there at the bar with his bottle of Champers in a bucket of ice. He was getting quite cosy with Mr Cornwell and I didn’t want to ruin his Hugh-Love-Fest.
You should've seen us backstage! Image

Jim

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

theraven1979 wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 21:58
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:

You should've seen us backstage! Image

Jim

:shock:
Shush this is serious
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 14:21
Jake wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 13:42
Greatkudu wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 13:16 I thought the last album Evil Spirits was good,but I've gone off them recently due to their money Grabbing inflated reunion ticket prices etc.Lt Kudu.
I have to say, you didn’t miss a lot by the looks of it on YouTube, no energy in the performance. I think I saw that line up at Brixton Academy in 89, it was ok, but not great. I think The Damned are “Hit and Miss”, the albums Machine Gun and Black Album I class as essential, but I can take it or leave it with most of the Damned. I do seem to recall The Damned as like some kind of second favourite for stranglers fans, not sure if it’s any longer the case though.
To be fair the reunion footage wasn't bad,a bit disjointed,but the Damned were never slick,they have made some great albums but I agree hit and miss,the last one was good,but Its really not on my priority list to get the next one,or see them live again,it's becoming a bit Cabaret IMHO,Sensible says the same thing,while the crowd shout Sensibles a Wanker,but they have produced some great albums and Vanians voice is better than ever,he's possibly the only reason I would go.Lt Kudu.
Yes agreed never slick but never the less a great band once back in the day,I've seen them a few times in the '80s and always enjoyed the gigs especially when they would play.......
CURTAIN CALL!!!!!
Just the very best live track.
Agreed gig price's to high for me but might well check out the new album though at some stage.