Rest of Aus their Rice....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Rest of Aus their Rice....

Post by StanInBlack »

parasiteinblack wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 21:20 I will still miss the touches Jet and Dave brought to the band.
Indeed, the playing styles of JB and DG were intrinsic to the overall sound of the band, if not necessarily the songwriting. Of course don't forget the immense contributions of HC who was not only intrinsic to the overall sound of the band, but was the main songwriter and lyricist and without whom there wouldn't be a JJ Burnel & Friends touring today.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

As I said go if you like it,don't if you don't want to.Its as easy as that,I'm seeing Hugh and friends in November.Lt Kudu. :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

For me it's clear you either like the current line up and see them if you want to or you don't and that's it really....each to their own.
As for the photo it looks great to me and i can't see anything wrong with it and at the end of the day it's just a photo to promote the tour and for me as a ticket holder i would be more intrested in their musical performance at the gig for my cash where most do seem to go home happy and where the band still have been getting great reviews which is good for both band and their fans,ok i think they could change their set about about a bit and freshen it up to make it more intresting for the ticket holder maybe and even though i've decided not to go and see them after Dave that's no reflection on this great current line up where i do still fully support what they are doing and their music still very much.... wishing them all the best,
but as usual each to their own on this current line up.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 19:40 For me it's clear you either like the current line up and see them if you want to or you don't and that's it really....each to their own.
As for the photo it looks great to me and i can't see anything wrong with it and at the end of the day it's just a photo to promote the tour and for me as a ticket holder i would be more intrested in their musical performance at the gig for my cash where most do seem to go home happy and where the band still have been getting great reviews which is good for both band and their fans,ok i think they could change their set about about a bit and freshen it up to make it more intresting for the ticket holder maybe and even though i've decided not to go and see them after Dave that's no reflection on this great current line up where i do still fully support what they are doing and their music still very much.... wishing them all the best,
Sir of course,and I fully understand any fan who has decided not to see the band again,I was one fan who after Dave passed thought they should call it a day as I thought it was the right move,but they got Toby and decided to carry on,I saw them in Reading this year and was impressed so saw them in Leuven about 3 weeks ago and again was impressed,but I won't ever go to anymore than one date on a tour if they do any mini UK tour as I've seen them hundreds of times now and just don't have the energy anymore,that goes for Hugh as well,so just one date on his tour to.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 21:16
toilerinblack wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 19:40 For me it's clear you either like the current line up and see them if you want to or you don't and that's it really....each to their own.
Sir of course,and I fully understand any fan who has decided not to see the band again,I was one fan who after Dave passed thought they should call it a day as I thought it was the right move,but they got Toby and decided to carry on,I saw them in Reading this year and was impressed so saw them in Leuven about 3 weeks ago and again was impressed,but I won't ever go to anymore than one date on a tour if they do any mini UK tour as I've seen them hundreds of times now and just don't have the energy anymore,that goes for Hugh as well,so just one date on his tour to.Lt Kudu.
I think it's great to hear from fans like yourself that is proof to me in just how good the band are still doing from a long term Stranglers fan from the MK1 days,i'm amazed to be honest in just how good they still are and at jj's age too it's quite incredible his fitness still,i also like Toby a lot and i am really pleased that he was the new comer they choose to bring and i think the right one too who seems a lovely fella too who plays Dave's matgerial perfectly .Lets hope fans can keep going to see them for a long time yet...and Hugh too.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 17 Oct 2022, 17:51, edited 7 times in total.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

I'd be more keen to build a wee holiday in Australia around this tour if the concert setlist wasn't entirely predictable ...
rotten thoughts
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

As Princess Anne said some years ago,if you don't like it Narf Arff.Lt Kudu,but as much as I like the band I certainly wouldn't go to Australia to see them,a step to far. :smt013
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 19:26 As I said go if you like it,don't if you don't want to.Its as easy as that
Officer Cadet Obvious strikes back. What do you think people are doing?
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Fans have chosen to still go in force which has been good for the band after losing Dave a fans favourite for over 40 odd years as both the French and Uk tour has more than shown where they can still pack a sold out venue ........ pretty impressive i think.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 21:52
Greatkudu wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 19:26 As I said go if you like it,don't if you don't want to.Its as easy as that
Officer Cadet Obvious strikes back. What do you think people are doing?
Well it seems the vast majority of fans still seem to be going, others who choose not to,total respect to them and I understand why they don't wish to as I understand Stranglers fans who don't see Hugh.Its just being respectful that matters.On balance im really looking forward to seeing Hugh as I haven't seen him since the monster tour and I think his new album hopefully will be pretty good.Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 14:54
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 11:59
StanInBlack wrote: 14 Oct 2022, 23:02 *looks at the picture on the back sleeve of The Raven*

*looks at the band pictured on the poster*

Nah.
FFS as much as I hate to say this I’m going to have to agree with Stanley for once. I’m just not comfortable with that pic of “The Stranglers” at all :?
Sir what are you not comfortable with in the Photo? Lt kudu,one observation it took Jim a few years to get on the t shirts,but Toby less than a year.
There’s no Dave just JJ.
Still, if it’s just JJ (and a dead Mark E. Smith on bongos) it’s still The Stranglers.
Shush this is serious
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I'd hardly describe JJ as pivotal to the band as Mark E Smith is to The Fall but there you go.

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 10:39
Greatkudu wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 14:54
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 11:59

FFS as much as I hate to say this I’m going to have to agree with Stanley for once. I’m just not comfortable with that pic of “The Stranglers” at all :?
Sir what are you not comfortable with in the Photo? Lt kudu,one observation it took Jim a few years to get on the t shirts,but Toby less than a year.
There’s no Dave just JJ.
Still, if it’s just JJ (and a dead Mark E. Smith on bongos) it’s still The Stranglers.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"