Euro Tour - *SET LIST SPOILER*

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Euro Tour - *SET LIST SPOILER*

Post by jetblacksdad »

shocking set. like they never made a new album!!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

If you're a casual fan the sets good as most of there well known songs,but for long time fans it's fucking boring,surely the band must get bored with playing the same songs,I really hope they tweak for Europe mainland but not sure they will,maybe La Folie? Or something else from Suite,and Santa Claus exists.Lt Cmd kudu in tweed jacket today. :smt013
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

evonx wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 08:30
Hugh will be happy Image
easy money :grin:
How much does he get per song ?
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Mechanical Royalties. Royalties generated through the licensed reproduction of recordings of one's songs — either physical or digital.
Public Performance (PRO) Royalties. Revenue generated when your songs are played on radio, TV, in clubs and restaurants. Paid to songwriter/composer/publisher.

Percentages (and thus revenue) differ.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Didn't John Ellis or Paul Roberts mention that when they left? Something along the lines of "Every time I played one of those songs Hugh would get paid" or similar.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

evonx wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 13:29 Mechanical Royalties. Royalties generated through the licensed reproduction of recordings of one's songs — either physical or digital.
Public Performance (PRO) Royalties. Revenue generated when your songs are played on radio, TV, in clubs and restaurants. Paid to songwriter/composer/publisher.

Percentages (and thus revenue) differ.
An average will suffice.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

I know for live performances around 3% (I think it changes depending on the size of the venue) of the box office goes to the song writers, based on the percentage of time played. That time includes support act too.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Didn't John Ellis or Paul Roberts mention that when they left? Something along the lines of "Every time I played one of those songs Hugh would get paid" or similar.
It was Ellis in the No Mercy book saying something like "when we play the back catalogue songs Hugh makes more money from that gig than I do".
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

evonx wrote:
It was Ellis in the No Mercy book saying something like "when we play the back catalogue songs Hugh makes more money from that gig than I do".
Thanks. Yeah not ideal is it but there you go

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

BankMan wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 07:39 Yeah, what a surprise. Other random phrases that come to mind; boring, predictable, going through the motions, lacking imagination.

The sycophants on the FacePalm/FaceBook forums will lap it up of course, but depressingly dull isn’t it.Why pay to go and see, literally, the same old stuff, with the same choreographed moves

I’m not a great fan of Hugh and his latest stuff, but at least he puts some effort and imagination into his live shows.

Here’s a suggested alternative set list that’s well within their playing capabilities and no need to worry about how to handle songs that Dave used to sing

Shah Shah A GoGo
Threatened
Tramp
London Lady
Bitching
Lost Control
Barbara
School Mam
Souls
Shaking Like A Leaf
Instead Of This
In The Shadows
Raven
Nubiles
Goodbye Toulouse
Never Say Goodbye
Let Me Down Easy
Breathe
Hallow To Our Men

Encore
TITS (updated version)
Sewer
Great set list here for maybe MK1 but this current line up wouldn't attempt many of these which is such a shame that such great songs from the past will never see the light of day again and i have no idea why tbh.
Ok fans will always go to see them live that's part of being a true fan of this band but any musician should and want to change things about than playing the same similar ish setlist to it's followers.
Yes agreed that Hugh always trys something new with his own stamp and twang on it for his fans and will now play two ex stranglers ones never before been played live and could'nt wait to tell the fans that too,which is what i like and admire in him when i see him live not that i ever compare the two camps but again it's only my preference,i mean he even toke on singing sang Dave's vocals on Dead Ringer which was brave and he did a great version of it too and even a Dave sung song did'nt stop him having ago at it live not that i'm knocking them when it comes to Dave because they wrote and sang live such a beautiful tribute song to him which i admire very much in them for doing that and doing it live which must of been such a hard thing to do.The band will do whatever they feel they want too live as a set and yes it's their band to do whatever they want to but maybe it would be nice of them to play some of the great songs that never get played but the fans want to hear them do.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 23 Sep 2022, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 21:10
BankMan wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 07:39 Yeah, what a surprise. Other random phrases that come to mind; boring, predictable, going through the motions, lacking imagination.

The sycophants on the FacePalm/FaceBook forums will lap it up of course, but depressingly dull isn’t it.Why pay to go and see, literally, the same old stuff, with the same choreographed moves

I’m not a great fan of Hugh and his latest stuff, but at least he puts some effort and imagination into his live shows.

Here’s a suggested alternative set list that’s well within their playing capabilities and no need to worry about how to handle songs that Dave used to sing

Shah Shah A GoGo
Threatened
Tramp
London Lady
Bitching
Lost Control
Barbara
School Mam
Souls
Shaking Like A Leaf
Instead Of This
In The Shadows
Raven
Nubiles
Goodbye Toulouse
Never Say Goodbye
Let Me Down Easy
Breathe
Hallow To Our Men

Encore
TITS (updated version)
Sewer
Great set list here for maybe MK1 but this current line up wouldn't attempt many of these which is such a shame that such great songs from the past will never see the light of day again and i have no idea why tbh.
For me the fact they are carrying on with the gigs is great for the many but you've got to change things about and numbers being played in your setlist for the paying public is only my view on it.
Ok fans will always go to see them live that's part of being a true fan of this band but any musician should and want to change things about than playing the same similar ish setlist to it's followers.
Yes agreed that Hugh always trys something new with his own stamp and twang on it for his fans and will now play two ex stranglers ones never before been played live and could'nt wait to tell the fans that too,which is what i like and admire in him when i see him live not that i ever compare the two camps but again it's only my preference.
I mean he sang Dave's vocals on Dead Ringer which was brave and he did a great version even a Dave sung song did'nt stop him having ago live.They will do whatever they feel they want too live and yes it's their band to do whatever they want to but maybe they should take into account the paying fans who do want to hear them do some of the great songs that never get played.
I think Hugh takes more risks live, when he played Big Bug some months ago supporting the Undertones it was highlight of the set,such a difficult song to play,most people who see the Stranglers want to hear the hits or familiar songs,one can only hope they mix it up for rest of tour? As they always learn a heap of songs,but I think they are playing it safe,of course songs like Change,Hanging never get boring but I wish they would drop Peaches it's been played to death,so many other songs they could play,and can't believe they are not doing more from Suite or Dark Matters,Hugh always plays alot from new albums,it's all very odd,of course it's their band but they know that alot of British go to the Euro gigs,you think they would try and think about that? After all without us fans the band would have folded years ago.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

yes your right i think and again i try not to compare the two because i feel you can't really as one is nowday's just a small time solo artist and the other still is the band with the brand name logo where the fans do expect to see them do the hits still.
Hugh's like you say more of a chancer and risk take out of the two and will always attempt to do do anything that's old from MK1 but with his own stamp on it which i really like tbh and the band still like to play it as it is on the tin so to speak,again i'll never knock them because it's fantastic that after what they've been through it is fantastic for many that they are still carrying on after Dave but a change for the fans with so many of the old ones to choose from would make them happy and freshen a gig up to go along with their energy still which is amazing in itself.