Euro Tour - *SET LIST SPOILER*

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Euro Tour - *SET LIST SPOILER*

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Long overdue a “Request Show”
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 23 Sep 2022, 23:39, edited 44 times in total.
Shush this is serious
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 21:45 yes your right i think and again i try not to compare the two because i feel you can't really as one is nowday's just a small time solo artist and the other still is the band with the brand name logo where the fans do expect to see them do the hits still.
Hugh's like you say takes more risks live out of the two and will always attempt to do do anything that's old from MK1 but with his own stamp on it which i really like tbh and the band still like to play it as it is on the tin so to speak,again i'll never knock them because it's fantastic that after what they've been through it is fantastic for many that they are still carrying on after Dave but a change for the fans with so many of the old ones to choose from would make them happy and freshen a gig up to go along with their energy still which is amazing in itself.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

evonx wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 20:25 It was Ellis in the No Mercy book saying something like "when we play the back catalogue songs Hugh makes more money from that gig than I do".
From that I will assume that John wasn't on the money he felt that he should have been on but I can't see how Hugh could earn more from one gig than him. Maybe there's some weird arrangement behind the scenes.
Let's Boogie
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

No weird arrangement, the songs played live actually make money for the ones that are credited as composers. In this case the majority of songs (MK1) that the band always has performed were credited to the Black Burnel Cornwell Greenfield team.

I do think Ellis exaggerated a bit in this case but nevertheless, the nineties cd sales came mostly from the back catalogue where Ellis wasn't involved and not from their new albums. Didn't "In the Night" make them loose a lot of money (their own record company China went down if I remember correctly)? Plus the smaller venues and festivals they played in the 90s did not make them money like in the heydays of MK1.
Last edited by evonx on 24 Sep 2022, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

In the early 90s, they could well have lost money on individual gigs so, in theory Hugh might have made more. But, I agree I dont think he meant that comment to be taken literally.
Bogenbroom
Rats Rally

Post by Bogenbroom »

I remember an interview with JE where he said he was on a wage (‘a pathetic wage’ I think he said), so if that was the case then I can definitely believe that the percentage Hugh made from gigs they played in the 90s could have been higher.

JE was never a director of the various companies either - despite appearances at the time I think he was basically treated as a hired hand.
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Sweden was played at yesterday's Dublin gig.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

JE was never a director of the various companies either - despite appearances at the time I think he was basically treated as a hired hand.
Its odd to treat a songwriter like that. Maybe they all thought hed earn enough royalties.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 00:25 No weird arrangement, the songs played live actually make money for the ones that are credited as composers. In this case the majority of songs (MK1) that the band always has performed were credited to the Black Burnel Cornwell Greenfield team.

I do think Ellis exaggerated a bit in this case but nevertheless, the nineties cd sales came mostly from the back catalogue where Ellis wasn't involved and not from their new albums. Didn't "In the Night" make them loose a lot of money (their own record company Chin went down if I remember correctly)? Plus the smaller venues and festivals they played in the 90s did not make them money like in the heydays of MK1.
Great and intresting read.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

So Jet will still get his royalties still up to the date he wasn't on the recordings? which isn't much without him and Hugh must be more than happy too.
So any Cornwel,Burnel,Greenfield,Black tracks played live means they all get exactly the same no matter who wrote it sung it it's shared equally as the four of them then? and what about Dave's royalties would that still go to family or is just to the artist themselves in question?
There's been some great knowledgeable reads from fans on the royalties i've found them a great read.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

So any Cornwel,Burnel,Greenfield,Black tracks played live means they all get exactly the same no matter who wrote it sung it it's shared equally as the four of them then? and what about Dave's royalties would that still go to family or is just to the artist themselves in question
Yes, all split four-way, mk 2 five ways of course etc.
It all depends on who are credited as writers / composers and it was always all band members. First exception was See me Coming on Suite which was a Burnel solo song originally and now in Dark Matters it's mostly just Burnel and Warne.

Dave's revenue goes to his heirs. I presume that's Pam.

Ever seen the film About a Boy? The main character lives a rich life on a Christmas novelty song his dad wrote 50 years ago.
Last edited by evonx on 24 Sep 2022, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
--eric--
and there i came
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-stra ... 04483.html

A bit better with Sweden, Harry and Water now
--eric--