Elvis still the greatest ever IMHO.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Elvis still the greatest ever IMHO.

Post by Greatkudu »

Just watched a live version of Elvis performing one of my fave songs that he sung live, Polk Salad Annie,it just makes me realize that he was the greatest entertainer ever IMHO,of course he didn't invent Rock N Roll,but he had it all the voice, charisma and looks,and when he went back to live shows in 1968 he had possibly the greatest backing band in musical history in the TCB band put together by James Burton,that band were off the planet with their talents,but of course my fave has to be the late great hardworking Ronnie Tutt on drums as Elvis used to introduce him,he played off every move that Elvis did,it's so sad what happened to Elvis and I'm not ashamed to admit that it brings tears to my eyes when I see footage of his last few performances,but even at the end his voice was still there,Elvis was a one off and we will never ever see anyone as good or like him again,I just wish I had seen him live.Oh not that I'm any good with women,but if you want to woo a Woman,try singing I can't help falling in love with you to them,it has even worked with my ugly Boat race joking,but seriously the Magic of Elvis will always live on in his music.Lt Kudu has left the building. :smt005
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Elvis still the greatest ever IMHO.

Post by Yanders »

Have you seen the film? I've heard good things about it.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 10:10 Have you seen the film? I've heard good things about it.
No not yet.Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 21:21 Lt Kudu has left the building. :smt005
Mmmyeah, except that Elvis didn't magically reappear and return to the music industry 12 hours after he departed.