Baz Guitar Eye View

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Baz Guitar Eye View

Post by theraven1979 »

jason wrote:Even Hugh sung "Gonna grab my cock" on Uptown so they are all guilty!
I guess it would be a bit weird if he sang that now

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

jason wrote:
Greatkudu wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 20:01
jason wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 19:29 Even Hugh sung "Gonna grab my cock" on Uptown so they are all guilty!
Really? I didn't know that,it seems to be Stranglers thing,Hugh and JJ used to wear T shirts with knobs on with sunglasses on the said part,I wonder if they still have those shirts? Lt Kudu.
Doesn't Hugh sing it on the live version of Uptown on the All Live album? It was also on a 12 inch single. Yes I remember those t shirts! :grin:
'You're Uptown and fucked', on the same track.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

I thought it was gonna grab my crop?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

There's a live recording on the expanded All Live (also Shakin B-Side I think) where he says "Grab my cock"

Jim
cassini wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 10:56 I thought it was gonna grab my crop?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Didn't he also sing it on some telly show as well?

But yeah, it was funny when Hugh did it (and it's his song) but it's not like he still does this.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Just watched them doing Uptown on kids TV programme called Number 73 and Hugh is being naughty and says grab my cock but more amusing is a song about Cocaine on a kids TV Programme,it's a great version,all the band in Leather which is always a good look.Lt Kudu. :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 21:00 They used to take risks live,drop GB at least it never sounds very good.It just sounds lacklustre and very boring to be honest.Lt Kudu.
Agreed,they used to take risks and i like the current line up but they've really got to change the set about it's getting boring.
First song to drop is GB that really is a no brianer now and i don't know why they still play it tbh.
I'd like to hear more from La Folie and Dreamtime myself,i was listening to Baz's acoustic Davefest with tracks like the Dave song,Dutch Moon and even GB which i thought sounded good tbh with his own twang and stamp on them that to me certainly sounded nice but then i've thought that Baz does do a good acoustic set,but by far it's Paul for me that has always sounded the best on the stranglers acoustic live sets than anybody else.
I hope the Stranglers can now have a more fresh approach with a bunch of different songs for future tours and there is just so many to choose from take your pick,even Hugh's going to do two that have never been done live before and that's the way to keep the public intrested and wanting to pay and see you the artist and keeping it different and fresh but again it's only my view as always it's each to their own on how they individually see and view future tour set lists and songs that are played.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 00:19
Greatkudu wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 21:00 They used to take risks live,drop GB at least it never sounds very good.It just sounds lacklustre and very boring to be honest.Lt Kudu.
Agreed,they used to take risks and i like the current line up but they've really got to change the set about it's getting boring.
First song to drop is GB that really is a no brianer now and i don't know why they still play it tbh.
I'd like to hear more from La Folie and Dreamtime myself,i was listening to Baz's acoustic Davefest with tracks like the Dave song,Dutch Moon and even GB which i thought sounded good tbh with his own twang and stamp on them that to me certainly sounded nice but then i've thought that Baz does do a good acoustic set,but by far it's Paul for me that has always sounded the best on the stranglers acoustic live sets than anybody else.
I hope the Stranglers can now have a more fresh approach with a bunch of different songs for future tours and there is just so many to choose from take your pick,even Hugh's going to do two that have never been done live before and that's the way to keep the public intrested and wanting to pay and see you the artist and keeping it different and fresh but again it's only my view as always it's each to their own on how they individually see and view future tour set lists and songs that are played.
I think the Stranglers will just carry on with more or less the same sets with a few different songs,and mellower ones for France like La Folie, they know most people are happy to hear the old songs and only a small percentage want new or more recent songs, having said that I don't care what anyone says White Stallion was a real departure for the band,so hats off for that and whatever anyone thinks of the current lineup they have to be commended for finishing Dark Matters for Dave,I must give album another spin in next few days to see if it holds up? Lt General Kudu,I've promoted myself as I think I deserve it,end of. :smt013