Baz Guitar Eye View

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Baz Guitar Eye View

Post by Greatkudu »

I know Toby is a great player,but with Dave sadly gone I think the magic is gone now.Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I think I will concentrate on Hugh now.I wish the band all the best but I think they are squeezing the Lemon now.Lt Kudu.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

I saw them out of curiosity after not seeing them for years and was impressed.

But it's just a night out really now. Not a quasi religious event any more.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jetblacksdad wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 10:56 I saw them out of curiosity after not seeing them for years and was impressed.

But it's just a night out really now. Not a quasi religious event any more.
Yes they were good in Reading this year, excellent but I think Leuven may be my final Stranglers gig,I see it's sold out.So it seems the demand is still there, when you see the shit that's around you can understand why,at least Baz won't be able to say do you want to sing with the Fooking Stranglers as he doesn't speak French,cant see JJ saying that in French to the crowd,I'm not one for singalongs to be honest,I wouldnt ask a surgeon to help with an operation.Lt kudu. :smt005
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

I saw them last time in Portsmouth that will do for me now I’m not one for festivals I hope they make another album better than the last one which shouldn’t be too hard imho and I do like the guitars eye view
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

marky wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 18:06 I saw them last time in Portsmouth that will do for me now I’m not one for festivals I hope they make another album better than the last one which shouldn’t be too hard imho and I do like the guitars eye view
Yes but the tempo is to slow :smt013 Lt kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Each to their own on how they feel about the band nowdays, i think they are still a very good band for sure giving a very good night out who are still selling venues out which is fantastic in itself,for me the gigs ended with Dave's passing but i do take my hat to them all who clearly still has a really good connection with their audience and special thanks to Toby's contribution filling as he has done an amazing job helping them to still to be able to continue on so well in an impossible job helping them all still so sharp,tight and full of energy.
For me as always i will carry on seeing Hugh and will still continue on to listen and enjoy both camps material and i wish The Stranglers all the very best in whatever they do because they certainly deserve it clearly still working so hard to make each gig pitch perfect with bags full of energy from start to finish.
So for me it will be very much all Hugh on the live front but will still follow both very closely.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 25 Aug 2022, 18:01, edited 6 times in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 18:31 long live both camps for a long time to come yet...hopefully.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 20:29
toilerinblack wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 18:31 long live both camps for a long time to come yet...hopefully.
There has to be a point when they decide to finish,I saw some footage recently of Toiler and Toby totally Cocked up the intro,at least it shows its live and not backing track,I'm actually a bit nervous about Leuven now,I will see what I think,but the set list is getting boring again,I hope they change it for Euro tour, drop ATS and GB take a risk.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 28 Aug 2022, 14:31
toilerinblack wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 20:29
There has to be a point when they decide to finish,I saw some footage recently of Toiler and Toby totally Cocked up the intro,at least it shows its live and not backing track,I'm actually a bit nervous about Leuven now,I will see what I think,but the set list is getting boring again,I hope they change it for Euro tour, drop ATS and GB take a risk.Lt Kudu.
I think one is your right and we all know there has to be a point where it all comes to an end and it might be approaching fast agreed, from what i've seen of Toby and i've been watching and listening to him very closely for some time over the very little time he's been in filling with the band i think he's played Dave's part incredibly well.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 28 Aug 2022, 21:30, edited 2 times in total.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Fucking hell, there's 15 minutes and some Nurofen I'm never getting back.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Yes it was a bit long....