Strangler in the light

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Strangler in the light

Post by porkymeat »

Is JJ reminiscing about a fondly remembered Brest of the past?
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

mine will arrive around the 24th!
same
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Oh JJ lose the terrible Grey T shirt.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 23:58 Oh JJ lose the terrible Grey T shirt.Lt Kudu.
I think he likes grey...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes the black is just work clothes now,I read a great story about the late great Joey Ramone,he ordered a Pizza from his home once and came to the door in the same clothes he wore on stage IE the black leather biker Jacket and skinny jeans,now that's Rock N Roll.Lt Kudu.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Yes the black is just work clothes now
only Jet still keeps it black I think (and thousands of fans)
--eric--
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Sorry very off thread here but i didn't want to raise a new topic over on MK11 over such a small fact that i never knew and that was that only 50 copies of "Time to Die" Alternative version were ever pressed plus radio stations,i've heard it years ago but never knew so very few were ever pressed on CD.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

evonx wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 10:56
Yes the black is just work clothes now
only Jet still keeps it black I think (and thousands of fans)
Yes I think Jet is the true keeper of the black clothes.I just hate white as a colour, politicians always wear white shirts,says it all,I only own two white shirts one is the Purple Helmets from 1988,the other is my Serengeti shirt from Tanzania.And I own no long sleeve white shirts,I had long sleeve Black shirt on today as usual.Lt Kudu.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Sorry very off thread here but i didn't want to raise a new topic over on MK11 over such a small fact that i never knew and that was that only 50 copies of "Time to Die" Alternative version were ever pressed plus radio stations,i've heard it years ago but never knew so very few were ever pressed on CD.
These CD's were sold through SIS in the early nineties, very small number available yes, not sure how many. It is a superb version and I'm sorry I did not buy one at the time.
--eric--
and there i came
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Yes I think Jet is the true keeper of the black clothes.I just hate white as a colour, politicians always wear white shirts,says it all,I only own two white shirts one is the Purple Helmets from 1988,the other is my Serengeti shirt from Tanzania.And I own no long sleeve white shirts,I had long sleeve Black shirt on today as usual.Lt Kudu.
Last Stranglers gig I went to was a last minute decision, long drive to Hamburg etc. so (although I wore a Stranglers t shirt and my Stranglers docs (Covent garden issue 1999)) I felt sort of naked because I was wearing blue jeans ..... terrible....
--eric--
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 20:58
These CD's were sold through SIS in the early nineties, very small number available yes, not sure how many. It is a superb version and I'm sorry I did not buy one at the time.
Like you say an excellent version i agree with you there too,it's just that i come across a guy talking about it on youtube as an alternative song and written it say's there were only 50 copies made plus radio stations so i don't know how many in total were made,i think it was one of their best songs without Hugh for sure that would of made a great MK1 track and there isn't many that i can say that about that would of been perfect as an MK1 song but that for sure was one of them.