Dark Matters - Second Thoughts

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

bigrubberglove
Rats Rally

Re: Dark Matters - Second Thoughts

Post by bigrubberglove »

DM also made a Best of 2021 list according to the Big Takeover:

https://bigtakeover.com/news/JackRabids ... SinglesEPs
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

bigrubberglove wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 14:08 DM also made a Best of 2021 list according to the Big Takeover:

Yes but strangely the biggest selling album of the year was by my old mate Adele, I really wonder who actually likes her music? It's just such boring music and I won't even say IMHO about her.All she writes about is her ex relationships, compelling eh? No it's fucking tedious taffle, I've made up a new word to describe her music Taffle. Lt Kudu. :smt013
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 16:19 I really wonder who actually likes her music?
Plenty of people, clearly!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 18:01
Greatkudu wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 16:19 I really wonder who actually likes her music?
Plenty of people, clearly!
Obviously, each to their own. Lt Kudu.
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

Greatkudu wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 16:19
bigrubberglove wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 14:08 DM also made a Best of 2021 list according to the Big Takeover:

Yes but strangely the biggest selling album of the year was by my old mate Adele, I really wonder who actually likes her music? It's just such boring music and I won't even say IMHO about her.All she writes about is her ex relationships, compelling eh? No it's fucking tedious taffle, I've made up a new word to describe her music Taffle. Lt Kudu. :smt013
Taffle - I like that. However have been drinking and listening to Spacemen 3.....man..
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Palais81 wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 19:13
Greatkudu wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 16:19

Taffle - I like that. However have been drinking and listening to Spacemen 3.....man..
Taffle is an actual word it means confused, I had a boss once a Colonel who used to say Caggage, he was eccentric, he needed to see the top Officer one day and forgot his black shoes, so he was going around trying on various peoples shoes to see if they fitted, he also broke his leg mowing the lawn, I did some extra work privately for him once, I won't say more. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Overall a strange listing and some really fine albums are missing. His number 1 album... oh no.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
Palais81 wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 19:13
Greatkudu wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 16:19 Yes but strangely the biggest selling album of the year was by my old mate Adele, I really wonder who actually likes her music? It's just such boring music and I won't even say IMHO about her.All she writes about is her ex relationships, compelling eh? No it's fucking tedious taffle, I've made up a new word to describe her music Taffle. Lt Kudu. :smt013
Taffle is an actual word it means confused, I had a boss once a Colonel who used to say Caggage, he was eccentric, he needed to see the top Officer one day and forgot his black shoes, so he was going around trying on various peoples shoes to see if they fitted, he also broke his leg mowing the lawn, I did some extra work privately for him once, I won't say more. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Cool story bro

That listing is completely hatstand btw

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

Played it in full after a x-mas/new year break. Still love it.I think its a great album to sign off with. There will be no more' but if they want to drop a new song on us out of the blue Im fine with that. A band that I like from sweden The Sounds' they just out of the blue dropped a 4 track ep on us called 'the tales we tell' and I loved all the tracks. So thats my view with DM and future releases. I remember when I saw the artwork for DM in May that we had something special to look forward to and I was right. Enjoy the indian summer of this amazing journey and band. Im sure in 20 years time we will still be on here posting our views good or bad' what if, they should have done this, etc. We'll all have to meet up one day and have a few beers and a bit of a moan (mine would be they never got the credit they deserved).
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

giants wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 12:35 Played it in full after a x-mas/new year break. Still love it.I think its a great album to sign off with. There will be no more' but if they want to drop a new song on us out of the blue Im fine with that. A band that I like from sweden The Sounds' they just out of the blue dropped a 4 track ep on us called 'the tales we tell' and I loved all the tracks. So thats my view with DM and future releases. I remember when I saw the artwork for DM in May that we had something special to look forward to and I was right. Enjoy the indian summer of this amazing journey and band. Im sure in 20 years time we will still be on here posting our views good or bad' what if, they should have done this, etc. We'll all have to meet up one day and have a few beers and a bit of a moan (mine would be they never got the credit they deserved).
Well said!
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

giants wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 12:35 …I think its a great album to sign off with. There will be no more…
I wouldn’t be sure on that, from the recent interviews it appears one of the fall outs of “no more full tours”, is “a better balance between playing live and recording” so we might get something. I think a lot depends upon how they will feel after the two years or so of touring DM.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Bear Cage wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 13:50
giants wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 12:35 …I think its a great album to sign off with. There will be no more…
I wouldn’t be sure on that, from the recent interviews it appears one of the fall outs of “no more full tours”, is “a better balance between playing live and recording” so we might get something. I think a lot depends upon how they will feel after the two years or so of touring DM.
JJ always said he had hundreds of ideas so if they aren't touring so much then maybe they will find the time for another album or at least release a few new songs online etc.