John Lydon

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Re: John Lydon

Post by Five Minutes »

Have you ever seen that thing with Lydon, Henry Rollins and Marky Ramone? It's embarrassing.
The guy acts like he reinvented the wheel whereas without McLaren and Westwood's shop you'd never have heard of him. And without Cook and Jones he'd have been struggling. He now derides them as people who just hitched a ride on his back, which is sickening.
He was just in the right place at the right time. And he was a highly evolved human being , no question.

He's now playing the professional right-wing contrarian which he seems to think is cool and edgy when he's just another extremely wealthy, spoiled unhappy man who never had to grow up, like his hero Trump.
He doesn't seem to be able to accept any view other than his own and there is no humour or humility to be seen. Which he had in spades. So disappointing.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

He was simply pissed as a fart and made a huge twat of himself.

Awful wasn't it?
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think most people are aware of his past. I've warmed to him in recent years. I think the caring for his wife and her passing has mellowed him and made him a better person. More humble. People change.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Anyone who does Caring for loved one gains my respect,I did it myself for my late Dad and it's hardest thing I have done but the most rewarding thing I will ever do.Total respect to Mr Lydon and people change,yes he can be controversial,but he's never been boring,and is honest about how he sees the world,is that a bad thing? Fuck no.Major Kudu.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Agree with Greatkudu. I obviously often question Lydons political standpoints but he is always "the real deal", never afraid to be honest. And how he handled his wife's illness by taking the care for her in his own hands is an example of love and kindness many of us could learn from.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Like Penge....good song.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Quite liking the new PiL album. It sounds more PiL than recent offerings. There's deffo a nod to the past sound of PiL. Some tasty little guitar in parts and nice lyrics. The album is let down by 2 or 3 tracks that are pretty lame by comparison.

Jim
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

theraven1979 wrote: 29 Aug 2023, 11:59 Quite liking the new PiL album. It sounds more PiL than recent offerings. There's deffo a nod to the past sound of PiL. Some tasty little guitar in parts and nice lyrics. The album is let down by 2 or 3 tracks that are pretty lame by comparison.

Jim
I’m also really enjoying new album, some great bits of humour and musically reminiscent of PIL over the years, without sounding like a rehash
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/ar ... llion.html

With apologies for the daily mail link

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Went to see PIL a fortnight ago in Amsterdam.
It was really good. John is still a one of a kind performer and frontman. The band is tight and heavy on the bass.
Legend.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came