The Clash

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: The Clash

Post by strangledinAuch »

Lafleur wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 08:32
strangledinAuch wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 19:21 All down hill from Janie Jones onwards

Bankrobber fucking awful
To some point music or art are a matter of personal taste. To see it differently is ok.
indeed,I don't really like La Folie

what was that art show HC was on some years ago

nearly forgot,was lucky to see the Clash and they were superb
unfortunately JS got the hump and refused to do an encore
See You At The Bar
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

strangledinAuch wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 17:24
Lafleur wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 08:32
strangledinAuch wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 19:21 All down hill from Janie Jones onwards

Bankrobber fucking awful
To some point music or art are a matter of personal taste. To see it differently is ok.
indeed,I don't really like La Folie

what was that art show HC was on some years ago

nearly forgot,was lucky to see the Clash and they were superb
unfortunately JS got the hump and refused to do an encore
I saw them in 1979 , they were heading in the direction of London Calling by then , but still nothing the majority of the original stuff . I don't remember a lot of that gig now , whereas I saw The Stranglers first time a few weeks before and it still stands out ..... First song 5 minutes . Shows I guess which impressed most .
All quiet ..........
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Bankrobber fucking awful
Bankrobber fucking great.
And you don’t like La Folie? The track or the whole album?
It’s a great album of superb pop songs imho (well apart Ain’t Nothin To It, it’s a bit crap apart from JJ’s bass line and I’m not a fan of that Mezzrow fellows jive talk although the too tight to buy a pair of shorts for a flea is funnyish)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I noticed Combat Rock is getting a deluxe release treatment with some demos etc. https://amzn.to/3KDpb6w

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I had to return just to say a bit on this, it's just pointless comparing the Clash and Stranglers, of course I prefer the Stranglers but no one can deny the huge success they had in America, the Clash weren't afraid to move on from the raw punk sound either, that's really the only thing the two bands had in common, they both developed and evolved, and Strummer was some front man, and topper possibly the best punk drummer technique wise add to that Mick Jones amazing guitar and you have one hell of a band and not forgetting Simnon, he proved himself a really good bass player, this is just a fleating return. Lt Kudu. :smt005