Not as expected

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

The recent confusion regarding Janek (i.e some people just assumed he was female - if you know what I mean?!) got me thinking. Have you ever met anyone off this board who surprised you completely when you met them - i.e they were a different sex to what you assumed!! :D :laugh: :laugh: or they were a different age or the mental image you had of them was completely different to what they are like in real life.

Just wondering. Some people on here come across as real bloodnuts but I reckon in real life they`re like little puppy dogs :D

Jim

Edited By theraven1979 on 1094921297
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

I thought you would be more Numanoid Jim !

Paul :upyoursmatey:
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Very very predictable - Actually I was really surprised when I met you as I had no idea you were gay

Jim
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Was suprised when I met Crassyboy. Had him pictured as an executive looking, middle aged office type for some reason! But he's actually a cool geezer. But as I had expected, he's a great conversationalist and huge fun to get pissed with! :D

And he didn't have a right face on.... :clap:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:Very very predictable - Actually I was really surprised when I met you as I had no idea you were gay

Jim
That'd be pleasantly surprised I think Jim ! You told me how much you enjoyed the time we had together ! :D

I think I have only properly met 3 people on the forums (and about 10 from Threatened). I don't know quite what I expected, but I found all to be very friendly and most interesting company.

Paul
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

:D - Actually thinking about it you were outed that night due to your choice of seating arrangements !

Jim
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

theraven1979 wrote::D - Actually thinking about it you were outed that night due to your choice of seating arrangements !

Jim
Thats true enough ! I'd forgotten about that. Seem to recall that I was outed precisely at the time that I would have been watching the Hughmeister, had it not been for some young ruffian insisting that I bought him a beer outside of the venue first !

Paul :withstupid:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

paulinblack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote::D - Actually thinking about it you were outed that night due to your choice of seating arrangements !

Jim

Thats true enough ! I'd forgotten about that. Seem to recall that I was outed precisely at the time that I would have been watching the Hughmeister, had it not been for some young ruffian insisting that I bought him a beer outside of the venue first !

Paul :withstupid:
haha - Who comes on at 7.30pm?! Hugh!

Jim
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

met 5 people from this board so far, and they were exactly as I imagined them to be, which is pretty cool, as there were no spotty computer geeks, just big drinking, witty, fun loving stranglers fanatics. nowt like me of course!
....near the nearside window.....
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Organ Grinder wrote:Was suprised when I met Crassyboy. Had him pictured as an executive looking, middle aged office type for some reason! But he's actually a cool geezer. But as I had expected, he's a great conversationalist and huge fun to get pissed with! :D

And he didn't have a right face on.... :clap:
Huh! Just seen that you cnut. Thanks mate.

Likewise, I (we) were both pleasantly surprised by everyone we met at KL for the first time. Great company. Again,again...

But I know what you mean - what comes across on t'internet as an 'okay' bod might turn into the murderinganorakstalkerfromhell-in-black when you meet them.

crass :D
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

DannyL
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by DannyL »

I've only met Jim from here, he wasn't anything like I expected. If he hadn't recognised me, I'd have been lost in Leeds.
No love in a thousand girls.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Lost in Leeds eh? the things of nightmares!!

Jim