Mark Lanegan

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

SmallPaul
Rats Rally

Mark Lanegan

Post by SmallPaul »

For anyone interested in Mark Lanegan, here's a recent interview with him from Louder Than War:

http://louderthanwar.com/mark-lanegan-interview/

For anyone not that interested in him, at least he professes his love of The Stranglers in one the questions (below). Good man, Mark...

LTW: You mentioned the fact that you were listening to the Damned’s Phantasmagoria album around the time of writing the track Phantasmagoria Blues on the latest record, do you go back to those records that first got you into music as a teenager at all now?

ML: I don’t really listen to the same stuff as I did when I was a teenager, but that’s because the majority of it I played so much.
I mean, god bless Led Zeppelin but I must have played Led Zeppelin III – well all those records – a zillion times on my old turntable, stacked up so that once I had played it the next one would drop and one side of that would play for hours on end.
So, of course, when I hear Led Zeppelin by chance I still enjoy it, but it’s not something I would probably go out of my way to play. That said, of the stuff I listened to as a teenager, that I’d still listen to now, well the Stranglers I’ll always love, The Damned – all their stuff from the first record to Phantasmagoria – it’s all different and as far as the rock stuff goes, that stuff I’ll always…(go back to).
paul b
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Mark Lanegan

Post by paul b »

classic voice this man has xxx
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

paul b wrote:classic voice this man has xxx
Nice review, Yoda :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

A good read.