Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Re: 1970's toys/games

Post by Five Minutes »

More user friendly than sodding Spirograph
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I was going to add that tennis game by Atari but I think it did not come in until 1981.

So therefore, I plump for toy plastic soldiers. There is already a separate thread on here, somewhere in the vaults.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I was obsessed with Subbuteo. I had loads of teams and they would all play each other in a massive league. I played all the game myself and wrote all the results down in a pad and did a league table. I even painted some of the players black to make it more realistic. Great times!
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

PaulinLondon wrote:I was going to add that tennis game by Atari but I think it did not come in until 1981.

So therefore, I plump for toy plastic soldiers. There is already a separate thread on here, somewhere in the vaults.
Airfix did some great 1/32 scale soldiers................still have all mine some where 8)

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
Derbyducks in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Derbyducks in Black »

NMH1965 wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:I was going to add that tennis game by Atari but I think it did not come in until 1981.

Airfix did some great 1/32 scale soldiers................still have all mine some where 8)

yes well remember.. Particularly fond of the 'Afrika Korps'..

were they... 35p a box???? :grin:

Cheers
David
Anyone seen Sir Winkler...
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

NMH1965 wrote:

:smt006

The Plastic Soldiers thread :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8695&hilit=toy+plastic+soldiers
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
johnsa
Rats Rally

Post by johnsa »

bobby charlton casdon soccer 8)
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

My parents are ace. They still have all of my toys in the loft. From what's been mentioned so far, I know that they have my:

- Flight Desk
- Etch-a-sketch
- Afrika Corps (plus loads of other soldiers)
- Several Action Men (Some talking and some with 'gripping hands'
- Rebound

Plus lots, lots more!
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
johnsa
Rats Rally

Post by johnsa »

not a toy but great fun anyway action transfers moon landings one of my favs 8)
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Derbyducks in Black wrote:
NMH1965 wrote:

yes well remember.. Particularly fond of the 'Afrika Korps'..

were they... 35p a box???? :grin:

Cheers
David
Why did everyone have Afrika Korps??? I had a pack (Yes 35p as well) and so did most of my mates :lol: :lol: :lol:
I.K. Burnel
Down In The Sewer

Post by I.K. Burnel »

I had 'Super Flight Deck'-don't know what exactly made it 'Super' but I recall the Phantom was yellow and not blue. Quite good fun actually although a PIA to set up, and inevitably it broke. I had two 'Johnny Eagle' toy guns-by the same company that made Johnny 7, Topper. Very realistic with actual spring loaded bullets-I had a 'Red River' which is basically a Western style gun, based on a Remington I think. Still got it. I also had an Elephant rifle, telescopic sights, bolt action and all. They were fantastic, and I had a mate who had the Johnny 7 machine gun, it had grenade launchers and all sorts. They made a US Army M1 carbine too. There is usually a fair bit of their stuff on Ebay. I also had the Bond Aston, mine is certainly not original in the box though. Still got my Dinky Eagle transports (3 of them), but my Interceptor and Shado Mobile never survived. I had lots of toy soldiers and tanks too, my best ones were a Tiger and a Jagdpanther made by a French company called Solido, with proper jointed metal tracks-I have them on my shelf as we speak. My best value for money toy by a country mile was Lego though, I built everything out of it, wore out several pairs of jeans and at least one carpet playing with it!
Derbyducks in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Derbyducks in Black »

Hammersmith1982 wrote:Why did everyone have Afrika Korps??? I had a pack (Yes 35p as well) and so did most of my mates :lol: :lol: :lol:
I’ve thought about this.. i think we must have been all taken in by the lurid oil painting that adorned the box... and for that matter the boxes of all airfix models and the old ladybird books..

this type of artwork has seen a resurgence in recent times... called hyper-realism check this out...
http://www.escapeintolife.com/painting/richard-estes/

Jeez... £7.49 a box...
http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/d ... 32-a02708/

Cheers
David
Anyone seen Sir Winkler...