Englands Euro 2012 chances.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

iain
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Englands Euro 2012 chances.

Post by iain »

Good to see a ref refusing to give free kicks just because Gerrard and the like fall over
rotten thoughts
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Can't see France or Engurland doing very much if that's the best they've got.
Too pedestrianised, tippy tappy shite.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Good to see the Scots getting behind the English as usual!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

The first games are always a bit cagey, I think once the 2nd phase of games get going we'll get a better feel for the real winning candidates. I must admit Russia looked good but you can peak to early in these tournaments and fall flat on your face later on. 8)
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Good start 1 game 1 point, thoght they played ok need to keep the ball instead of giving it away all the time.
This going to be a tough group for England, we struggle with Sweeden as they will have the midfield packed and try to catch us on the break.
All in all a good result
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

theraven1979 wrote:Good to see the Scots getting behind the English as usual!
Jim
Not getting behind the French either :wink:

Not bothered one way or the other with Engurland to be honest, just watch the games with the sound off seems to do the trick.
More allegiance with Germany(Mrs TOTS born there) and Sweden(Son qualifies to play sports through his maternal Grandfather).
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
TatRat
Down In The Sewer

Post by TatRat »

I agree Terry should not be there. Ferdinand should be in his place as he has not been suspected of doing anything.[/quote]

Ferdinand hasnt been suspected of playing football on the pitch either. Prancies around and relied way too much on Vidic to stick is head in.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Great performance from Spain. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing the player thieves receiving the humiliation of their lives tonight.
Its murder on Gdansk floor
rotten thoughts
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Come on England.
Drummerboy
Down In The Sewer

Post by Drummerboy »

The problem with England as a fotball team is that we always pick what is deemed as the best 11 players currently normally decided by the press or by the FA wanting the big names in the frame to sell tickets/merchandise etc

Only Glenn Hoddle and Alf Ramsey have looked at "how the formation should be" and "how we should play" and then picking the best players for that role even if they were not the best left back or striker currently in the country.

i was fortunate enough to play with a couple of players who played in the WC90 and they echoced the same thoughts and eventully got Mr Robson to change his style to suit.

We have to accept in this country that we will not ever win a major competition and a 1/4 final place would be a bonus.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Drummerboy wrote:The problem with England as a fotball team is that we always pick what is deemed as the best 11 players currently normally decided by the press

We have to accept in this country that we will not ever win a major competition and a 1/4 final place would be a bonus.
Thats what i love about us English we have so much faith and belief in our National team
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

A great win and a great game last night.