Blade Runner

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Blade Runner

Post by Burn e 77 »

Just wondered what fellow Stranglers fans think of this film (Blade Runner) aesthetically stunning, and IMHO its has a great atmospheric soundtrack to compliment
the visuals ... anyone else on this Forum into it?
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
richinblack
Rats Rally

Re: Blade Runner

Post by richinblack »

it is the joint favourite film of this Stranglers fan (along with Robocop). absolutely love BR, an all time classic, worthy of multiple viewings.
cumulus nimbus floats by...
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

richinblack wrote:it is the joint favourite film of this Stranglers fan (along with Robocop). absolutely love BR, an all time classic, worthy of multiple viewings.
Thanx for your reply....... a man of taste!
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Fucking excellent movie, whichever version you watch even the untreated raw FX version. Philip K Ridiculous indeed, Minority Report is also surprisingly good. I must be due to watch Blade Runner again soon it's been a good couple of years, love it and yeah I like the soundtrack as well, Blade Runner is basically a faultlesss movie in my opinion.
derby62
Rats Rally

Post by derby62 »

Great movie and wasn't it the inspiration for TimeTo Die where Rutger says--I've seen things you couldn't
even imagine and so on
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Jake wrote:Fucking excellent movie, whichever version you watch even the untreated raw FX version. Philip K Ridiculous indeed, Minority Report is also surprisingly good. I must be due to watch Blade Runner again soon it's been a good couple of years, love it and yeah I like the soundtrack as well, Blade Runner is basically a faultlesss movie in my opinion.
Yes your'e right... a faultless movie... gets better every time i watch it.
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

derby62 wrote:Great movie and wasn't it the inspiration for TimeTo Die where Rutger says--I've seen things you couldn't
even imagine and so on
Yes this film was the inspiration for the opening lines of "Time to die"... great song, inspired by a cool movie.
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

EckyEckyNahNah wrote:I loved it when it came out, but haven't seen it since around 1994, so not sure if it dates well or not
Strangely enough it doesn't seem dated at all, the dark rainy futuristic neon lit sets still seem... futuristic, and the sound track seems timeless.
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

PS. for another visually stunning film with a great soundtrack... check out "Enter the Void"
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

EckyEckyNahNah wrote:I know they had directors cuts etc released, but are they as good as the original?
It's one of those films that I love, so Director's Cut etc are just manna from heaven (well Hollywood) because it means I can see more of it. Same with flicks like alien, Apocalypse, Godfather etc etc, sometimes the old adage 'you can't get enough of a good thing' is true, though I'm sure there will be shite Director's Cutrs of films out there too - ET was ruined because Spielberg decided to tamper, using shitty CGI early on in the 'revamped' version.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
BasiltheBrush
Rats Rally

Post by BasiltheBrush »

One of the best [if not THE best] SF movie ever made!

....Don't make 'em like that anymore!
I HATE YOU MORE THAN RADIOACTIVITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

Bobinblack wrote:
EckyEckyNahNah wrote:I know they had directors cuts etc released, but are they as good as the original?
It's one of those films that I love, so Director's Cut etc are just manna from heaven (well Hollywood) because it means I can see more of it. Same with flicks like alien, Apocalypse, Godfather etc etc, sometimes the old adage 'you can't get enough of a good thing' is true, though I'm sure there will be shite Director's Cutrs of films out there too - ET was ruined because Spielberg decided to tamper, using shitty CGI early on in the 'revamped' version.
The original Blade Runner with the voiceover worked for me... I'm not sure you can get that version any more... loads of people have only ever seen it without the VO, which makes it a much bleaker movie, with the VO it was more of a 30s detective film noir set in the future. the latest cut offered more 'clues' as to whether Decker is an andriod himself...

Talking of bad Director's Cuts, the worst ever has to Donnie Darko.. talk about making a great, enigmatic puzzle movie into a pile of shite.... avoid.
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five