Straighten Out@ Ivory Blacks....who's going?

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

ShavenRaven
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Straighten Out@ Ivory Blacks....who's going?

Post by ShavenRaven »

Bubba wrote:The Scotland road trip was a complete washout. We think that's it for north of the border.

Cheers. :)

:shock: eh ?

I can't speak for Edinburgh but I thought the Ivory Blacks event was feckin ace! And from where I was standing/jiggling about everyone else enjoyed it too. Fair enough Combat Rock were a tough act to follow, being local and all that but SO certainly played a blinder and kept the crowd on the dancefloor for their full two hour set.

Don't be too hard on yourself Bubba - See you in Bolton :smt006

Elaine
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

ShavenRaven wrote:
Bubba wrote:The Scotland road trip was a complete washout. We think that's it for north of the border.

:shock: eh ?

I can't speak for Edinburgh but I thought the Ivory Blacks event was feckin ace! And from where I was standing/jiggling about everyone else enjoyed it too. Fair enough Combat Rock were a tough act to follow, being local and all that but SO certainly played a blinder and kept the crowd on the dancefloor for their full two hour set.

Don't be too hard on yourself Bubba - See you in Bolton :smt006

Elaine
Sorry Bob can't agree entirely. Ok Edinburgh was poorly attended but the people who where there enjoyed the gig regardless. You don't mention Glasgow on Friday what was wrong with that? A good night with some quality tribute bands on. I can't agree that the weekend was a complete washout, but thats just my opinion,

Cheers FBJ.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Bob, was it not just a bad choice of venue in Embra?

Whistlebinkies was a blast last time, never been to Brannigans?

Never say never :smt010 :smt010
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Fatbusjim

Post by Fatbusjim »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Bob, was it not just a bad choice of venue in Embra?

Toiler, the venue was Bannermans just 100 yards down the road from Binkies, where we spent most of the afternoon drinking and yes there seems to be a far better crowd and atmosphere in there. Might be worth considering going to Whistlebinkies again for next year.

The lads even got up and hijacked (by invitation) the resident Saturday afternoon bands gear and knocked out "Peaches" while we were in there. 8)
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Blackbeered wrote:
miserablewoman wrote::smt006 Is there a list of up coming Straighten Out gigs please? Thanks! :grin:
Check out the Straighten Out - 2009 Tour thread or go to http://www.straighten-out.co.uk/gig_guide.html
I didn't realise these links existed - cool!! 8) Thanks Blackbeered - much appreciated!! :grin: :grin:
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Never to look back
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Never to look back »

I was at Ivory Blacks on Friday Night. Combat Rock were on when I arrived. Straighten Out were excellent. Really enjoyed them. I look forward to seeing them again.
I had a black shirt, But I wasn't one
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

Fatbusjim wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:Bob, was it not just a bad choice of venue in Embra?

Toiler, the venue was Bannermans just 100 yards down the road from Binkies, where we spent most of the afternoon drinking and yes there seems to be a far better crowd and atmosphere in there. Might be worth considering going to Whistlebinkies again for next year.

The lads even got up and hijacked (by invitation) the resident Saturday afternoon bands gear and knocked out "Peaches" while we were in there. 8)
Couldn't make this due to holidays, and I know some other regulars who were away also. I think a low turn out is more to do with the time of the year than the venue. All the students are away just now which also reduces the crowd in that part of the city - there would definitely have been a few in on a Saturday night. So now you know why bands don't tour in the summer. :wink: Maybe the gig was also a bit too soon after the last one here? Lastly, the support band is from out of town, and not that well known here. Some of this at least will explain a low turn out, and hopefully you will not be put off too much from coming back. See you next year. 8)
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

...or you could try a summer "festival" set-list. Then again, nah... :wink:
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Rab and I could not make this one only got back from our holidays on the Saturday and was jet lagged, also it was the Edinburgh Trades so most peeps would still be on holidays...

Hope to catch you soon ;o)

Tracy 8)
When we're dead and gone when we get where we belong and we've sung the final song get the first bus to Babylon
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Care to elaborate a bit mate?
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Blackbeered wrote:Not a word on the Scottish dates :shock:

Why not :?:

I know Mr.Castle attended the gig and had a blast, but sadly his PC is down at the mo, what with
all them virus' he's picked up from those ladyboy sites he loves so much. Either that or his motherboard's fucked.
I'm sure we'll get his no doubt fine review all in good time, if we're all patient enough.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Frank Castle

Post by Frank Castle »

Alias wrote:
Blackbeered wrote:Not a word on the Scottish dates :shock:

Why not :?:

I know Mr.Castle attended the gig and had a blast, but sadly his PC is down at the mo, what with
all them virus' he's picked up from those ladyboy sites he loves so much. Either that or his motherboard's fucked.
I'm sure we'll get his no doubt fine review all in good time, if we're all patient enough.

How dare you....... :oops:

It's the motherboard,honest.......... :cry: