MANICS - ONLINE VIDEO AND COMP

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

burgers
SHAKESPEARO

MANICS - ONLINE VIDEO AND COMP

Post by burgers »

Hi All

If you're a Manics fan, please go to www.tufs.co.uk (the ultimate festival site) where you will find some interview clips with James Dean Bradfield about the new album, eight songs performed acoustically at Kerrang Radio last week (old faves and new stuff), and a competition to win tickets for Wolverhampton Civic. A word of warning - due to restrictions from Sony we can only run the performances on the site until Friday 22nd May.

This isn't spam - I gather some of you like the Manics and you'd really be helping out a fellow Stranglers fan if you registered on the site (and became regular visitors!). Go on - ask me an obscure Stranglers question and I'll try and prove my credentials ;-)

Feedback on the site would be greatly appreciated, we're just trying to get it off the ground at the moment. I was trying to get a Stranglers interview last year so hopefully something will happen this year and I will of course let you all know!

Cheers
Mark

PS JDB was possibly the nicest bloke I've ever met.

PPS My favourite Stranglers songs are 'Gordon Brown' and 'Calling All the Heroes'. Told ya.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: MANICS - ONLINE VIDEO AND COMP

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one Mark - I've met JDB on a few occassions and he is a nice chap.

Thanks

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Just got the new album. It's good. Different to what i thought it would be like.
burgers
SHAKESPEARO

Post by burgers »

Well, I have to confess, they've always been one of those bands that I've respected more than I've liked if you see what you mean. But the new stuff sounds great, in no small part due to having heard some of it for the first time at the soundcheck with JDB about 3 feet away - it really was a great experience. So at the risk of sounding like a teeny bopper, I have to say that I'm now a bit of a convert.

I'm learning Welsh, started eating leeks, watching rugby ...