Who's Renewed their Season ticket?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Who's Renewed their Season ticket?

Post by pigeon »

This morning i have renewed my season ticket for Charlton Athletic. May 31st was the deadline to assure you of your seat for this season but i called the valley today on july 24th & i got my seat with no problems at all. It is the same price as last season £340 & if someone buys a season ticket before august 1st & the team get prmoted to the premiership you will get a free season ticket next season.

& plus the bonus factor is i won't have to watch Ben thatcher next season :grin:.

What is the situation with other clubs do they have similar offers going?.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

I declined to renew my Season Ticket for Falkirk FC this season.
£160 for the SPL, which is OK if you can get to all games, but as I can't get to all games it isn't ecconomically viable to do this again.

Outwith the games against Rangers and Celtic, should be able to get a ticket on an as needed basis no probs.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

After years of having a season ticket with West Ham I have finally decided not to bother this year. Ours would have been £810 each this year and as my wife comes too that is £1620. Along with that travelling down from Shropshire at least 19 times a season made for a pretty expensive obsession. But more than anything else I just feel the Premier league as a whole has completely lost touch with the fans, and I'm not willing to fork out to watch some really average football. there are no real mavericks in the game anymore, or maybe that's just me getting old. :(
What's surprised me most is that I thought I would be having second thoughts by now, but I'm not.
I'll be going to watch London Wasps (sorry Georgie, Wycombe Wasps) a few times next season as my Dad played for them many years ago.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Please don't mock me, but I've renewed my season ticket with Leeds Utd. That twisted bastard Ken Bates put the prices up too - BUT you could SAVE ON THE PRICE INCREASE if you booked early this year. Yes folks, book early and your season ticket will only go up by 10% rather than 20 :shock: :shock: :shock:

This isn't a footie forum (I go on one already) so I won't bore you with the details but my kinship with Leeds goes back nearly 40 years. And I'm only 43.

Something about Falkirk and Leeds link but can't work it out. I have a v soft spot ofr West Ham as I was in the WH end and watched Kenny Brown (?) score the only goal v Man U in 1992 and help us win the League that year :grin:

And a bit of a soft spot for Charlton too. Ther eARE teams I hate, trust me :grin:

BTW we get 23 League games in this div, for £480. When we got relegated from Prem and nearly faded away, the prices went up and the proper fans were prepared to pay it because the club was in such a Ridsdalestate. In the end, you guys have clearly good reasons for not renewing - and it's not as if you will lose the love for them now is it?
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

Bobinblack wrote: That twisted bastard Ken Bates put the prices up too
I just like to point out that as a Chelsea fan, you are more than welcome to our old friend Bates :lol: Has he tried to cage you behind electric fences yet like he did with us? :shock:
Did someone say "Wonky"?
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

mantheylovetohate wrote:
Bobinblack wrote: That twisted bastard Ken Bates put the prices up too
I just like to point out that as a Chelsea fan, you are more than welcome to our old friend Bates :lol: Has he tried to cage you behind electric fences yet like he did with us? :shock:
No but he does try to treat us with similar level of respect :grin:

I don't entirely hate him, or anyone except for terrorists/world leaders, but Batesy is pushing me close. He DID save the club but even then, people seriously doubt he spent any money or did it legally! He DID hire Wise and he DID get us relegated to division 3 and he DID bring on the 15 points fiasco too.

Luton getting 30 points deducted is even shittier than the treatment we got :roll:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Bobinblack wrote:Please don't mock me, but I've renewed my season ticket with Leeds Utd. That twisted bastard Ken Bates put the prices up too - BUT you could SAVE ON THE PRICE INCREASE if you booked early this year. Yes folks, book early and your season ticket will only go up by 10% rather than 20 :shock: :shock: :shock:

This isn't a footie forum (I go on one already) so I won't bore you with the details but my kinship with Leeds goes back nearly 40 years. And I'm only 43.

Something about Falkirk and Leeds link but can't work it out. I have a v soft spot ofr West Ham as I was in the WH end and watched Kenny Brown (?) score the only goal v Man U in 1992 and help us win the League that year :grin:

And a bit of a soft spot for Charlton too. Ther eARE teams I hate, trust me :grin:

BTW we get 23 League games in this div, for £480. When we got relegated from Prem and nearly faded away, the prices went up and the proper fans were prepared to pay it because the club was in such a Ridsdalestate. In the end, you guys have clearly good reasons for not renewing - and it's not as if you will lose the love for them now is it?
You're right, I'm 43 as well and had some brilliant times watching WHU (many more bloody awful ones as well) but I just feel they are taking the piss. Going to West Ham used to be an event (occasionally a dangerous one!) but the game seems to be sterile now. I stuck with them in the Championship and, even though it was dross, it was more honest.

BTW it was Kenny Brown, it came off his shin. I was there that night too.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

I'm slowly losing interested in Football(this from someone who played for 33 years).

:o
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

i still play but last season was my worst for injuries in a long time and since then I'm getting all sorts of aches and pains which are worrying me a bit to be honest.

Starting jogging on a morning soon so that will tell me whether or not it's 'Time' to jack or not. Hoping ont but the signs aren't great at the mo.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Wow diddn't realise people had to go through so much shite just to watch their team play. This will be my 17th Charlton season ticket & its been pretty straight forward so far. Paying to watch them i mean thats always been reasonable. Performances go from genious to comedy though you never no what teams gonna turn up.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

pigeon wrote: Performances go from genious to comedy though you never no what teams gonna turn up.
True :lol:
Old Angus

Re: Who's Renewed their Season ticket?

Post by Old Angus »

pigeon wrote:.....It is the same price as last season £340....
You've been had mate. Shouldn't there be a decimal point in there somewhere??? :grin: :grin: :grin:
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com