Ice Hockey

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

Ice Hockey...love it. Living in Canada its the national game...used to play for the bellevue aces many years ago out the altrincham ice rink near manchester.

If anyone has any hockey skates they need....they sell em in department stores and canadian tire over here at about a quarter of what you'd pay for a good pair in the u.k.

err thats it !
Freddie Laker showed them what to do...
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Used to be a big Capitals fan. Lost interest a little bit as I can't stand the Avalanche which are on TV all the time here. Caps are coming to town tomorrow, so will get the only opportunity of the season to see them (get slaughtered).

Paul 'Its a crap team - PIB will support it !'
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
DeadRinger
SHAKESPEARO

Re: Ice Hockey

Post by DeadRinger »

Spikey© wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:Any Ice Hockey fans out there? - I am a big fan, follow my local team (Cardiff Devils) and go to the states to watch games occasionally too!

DR
Many moons ago, they built a new Ice Rink near where I lived...And on the 7th day they created an Ice Hockey team called the Medway Bears, religeously I went to every home game with my mate for a year or two. Used to love it. Not far from Cardiff now and keep promising myself i'll go to a game one day. Are they not packing up playing in Cardiff though? Thought they were going to knock the rink down or something?
Yes the rink is now gone, just a building site now but they have built and are about to open a new sports arena near me (Penarth) which will be the new home for the Devils.
In the meantime the Devils are playing all their home games in Basingstoke.

DR
ozzymandias
Down In The Sewer

Post by ozzymandias »

I'm a Nottingham Panthers season ticket holder for my sins, along with the missus and my son.

She has been to Cardiff away a few times over the years but I can never be arsed to travel. I do about 1500 miles a week monday to friday so I like to spend the rest of my free time out of the car.

I think were playing Devils at home on boxing day. That should be an easy game for you as I'm sure every time I've seen panthers play on boxing day they've looked pissed.

We were all routing for you at the playoffs last year, you seemed to be the only team looking to make a real effort.
I'm allergic to sulpuhuric acid; besides......
TWO SUNSPOTS
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Ice Hockey

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

[quote="DeadRinger"][quote="Spikey©"][quote="DeadRinger"]Any Ice Hockey fans out there? - I am a big fan, follow my local team (Cardiff Devils) and go to the states to watch games occasionally too!

I used to go and see the Devils all the time a few years back..I think in the one season i went to all the home games and missed just 2 away games...

Superb atmosphere especially when the fights started...

I remember one game (against Grimsby i think - but i'm probably wrong) but the opposition started a fight and the whole of the Cardiff Ice rink tried to join in..The crowd were going for the opposition players/management still by the benches...Never saw anything that bad/good after that as i think that both teams were heavily punished...

Look forward to the next ice rink bring built and with football being very expensive then maybe i will start going to the ice hockey again.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

ravenlunatic wrote: Cornwall is a regular holiday destination of ours,
I'm also looking forward to going back to Gorran Haven. The beach is on quite an incline down to the sea. At low tide and when it is turning, the water literally "climbs" back towards the shore. It is an incredible sight.

From memory, Gorran Haven is a five minute drive south from Mevagissey. In the winter, you have the place to yourself. In the summer, you don't.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Spikey©
Down In The Sewer

Post by Spikey© »

jem750 wrote:Anne's Pasty Shop - The Lizard
Those Cornishmen eat some strange things.
Hey little baby don't you lean down low, your brain's exposed and it's starting to show...
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Oh good! back to the main subject! :lol: If you get back to Mevagissey this time Paul, check out the collectables shop, directly behind the harbour but one street back. Its full of wonderfull stuff, like star wars figures and old band posters etc. The chap who owns it is a bit of a wag and has posted in the front window, letters and comments from idiotic customers. funny as fuck!
jem750
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jem750 »

I bought my Raven 3D Sleeve in a tiny record shop in Penzance, the most westerly tiny record shop in the UK to ever sell the Raven 3D Sleeve?

I bought a pasty straight after to celebrate!

Jez :grin:
I Spend My Time Watching The Ocean....
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Caps 5 Avs 3 !! GO CAPS !!!!!! :grin:

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

ravenlunatic wrote:Oh good! back to the main subject! :lol: If you get back to Mevagissey this time Paul, check out the collectables shop, directly behind the harbour but one street back. Its full of wonderfull stuff, like star wars figures and old band posters etc. The chap who owns it is a bit of a wag and has posted in the front window, letters and comments from idiotic customers. funny as fuck!
I will certainly make a point of checking him out ! I love those little shops. At a similar boutique in Arundel, I once managed to get myself a pristine copy of the Black and White album (see Jem's point above) for next to nothing and a battered but cool looking cigarette box made in the States. Not that I use that anymore because I have since stopped smoking (just).

Collectables shops are just great. I wouldn't ever buy one of those old Victorian hair brushes or razors though; you don't know where they've been.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

Ice Hockey...love'd it, I've been a great fan from mapleleafs Canada , and I play'd it myself when I was 17 years old our team cald Rosevallyblues in a town near by but thats long ago.
I know one team cald smookeathers I think they are from Dordrecht.
DANIELLA