Ice Hockey

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

DeadRinger
SHAKESPEARO

Ice Hockey

Post by DeadRinger »

Any Ice Hockey fans out there? - I am a big fan, follow my local team (Cardiff Devils) and go to the states to watch games occasionally too!

DR
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

During the mild October, I was watching a bit of bowls down in the park on a Satruday morning. There is an amateur club which is run very professionally. The trouble is, the green is religiously cut every evening giving it a very serious number 1 crop. However, what the old gardener/linesman fella cannot deal with, is all the huge mounds of worm crap that greet him each morning.

"Fuckin worms...." he mumbles. :lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Anyone for Tiddly-Winks?

Anyone?

:wink:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Those of you that reside in urban localities will, I suspect be unaware of the rural pastime of DWYLE FLUNKING. This is a game comprising of 2 teams of 12 (though numbers are flexible, and tend to alter as play progresses). One member of a team is elected the Flunker and is given a chamber pot full of beer and a stick and beer towel, this is known as the Driveller, and is placed in the pot. The oposing team form a circle known as the girter, they then link arms and run in a clockwise direction. The Flunker then rotates in the opposing direction, and using the stick, he hurls (or Flunks) the beer soaked driveller at a member of the Girter. Points are scored for a hit on different parts of the body. 2 Flunks per player is allowed. If no hits are scored, then the Flunker is required to drink the contents of the chamber pot, and a new team member has a go.
Play continues until all players have Flunked, at which point the teams change places.
Needless to say this is essentially an outside activity, and tends to be played by ruddy faced men with beards and those shoes that resemble Cornish Pasties. :roll:
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

ravenlunatic wrote:Cornish Pasties. :roll:
Mevagissey - the best Cornish Pasty to ever pass my lips. A can of John Smith's and a Mevagissey Cornish Pasty. Bliss.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

PaulinLondon wrote:
Mevagissey - the best Cornish Pasty to ever pass my lips. A can of John Smith's and a Mevagissey Cornish Pasty. Bliss.
Yer right there mate! Cornwall is a regular holiday destination of ours, and the pasties certainly are superb. We were in mevagissey for the evening back in august, lovely spot for a stroll round the harbour, I am particulalrly fond of the ginger cat that seems to always be sitting amongst the fishing nets, very friendly thing, and a great lover of chips!
(I have suddenly become concious of wandering somewhat off the original subject of the thread, ice hockey was it?) :? 8)
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

ravenlunatic wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:
Yer right there mate! Cornwall is a regular holiday destination of ours, and the pasties certainly are superb. We were in mevagissey for the evening back in august, lovely spot for a stroll round the harbour, I am particulalrly fond of the ginger cat that seems to always be sitting amongst the fishing nets, very friendly thing, and a great lover of chips!
(I have suddenly become concious of wandering somewhat off the original subject of the thread, ice hockey was it?) :? 8)
Mevagissey is a super place. I'm off to St. Ives soon and will check out Mevagissey if I can do the detour. Love Cornwall.

Ginger cats are known for their fondness of ice hockey. Black cats with white paws are Rugby League fans. So I am told.
jem750
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jem750 »

Anne's Pasty Shop - The Lizard

'nuff said

Jez 8)
I Spend My Time Watching The Ocean....
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

jem750 wrote:Anne's Pasty Shop - The Lizard

'nuff said

Jez 8)
Oh I'm not sure about that one, platypus and marmoset yes, but Lizard? surely not! :smt078 :grin:
Spikey©
Down In The Sewer

Re: Ice Hockey

Post by Spikey© »

DeadRinger wrote:Any Ice Hockey fans out there? - I am a big fan, follow my local team (Cardiff Devils) and go to the states to watch games occasionally too!

DR
Many moons ago, they built a new Ice Rink near where I lived...And on the 7th day they created an Ice Hockey team called the Medway Bears, religeously I went to every home game with my mate for a year or two. Used to love it. Not far from Cardiff now and keep promising myself i'll go to a game one day. Are they not packing up playing in Cardiff though? Thought they were going to knock the rink down or something?
Hey little baby don't you lean down low, your brain's exposed and it's starting to show...
jem750
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Ice Hockey

Post by jem750 »

Spikey© wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:Any Ice Hockey fans out there? - I am a big fan, follow my local team (Cardiff Devils) and go to the states to watch games occasionally too!

DR
Many moons ago, they built a new Ice Rink near where I lived...And on the 7th day they created an Ice Hockey team called the Medway Bears, religeously I went to every home game with my mate for a year or two. Used to love it. Not far from Cardiff now and keep promising myself i'll go to a game one day. Are they not packing up playing in Cardiff though? Thought they were going to knock the rink down or something?
Please can you keep on topic we are talking about Lizard Pasties!

Thankyou

Jez :grin:
I Spend My Time Watching The Ocean....
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Tut, Honestly! theres always one that goes off on tangent isn't there? For Gods sake try and concentrate on the job in hand will you Spikey! :roll: